Advice Needed

Hi Everyone

I was wondering has anyone got any experience working for Wincanton on the petrol Tanker side.

I have an interview and driving assesment tomorrow, any advice gratefully received.

I dont know what the terms and conditions are does anyone out there have any idea of what they are like to work for and what terms and conditions are like

mike

i used to work for wincantons (sadly not the tankers),but the contract i was on was well paid 20 days holiday from the start +bankholidays overtime after 45 hours at 1.5.

they do have risk assesments for everything,proberbly wipeing your backside :laughing: but they are a good company to work for.

the driving assesment will take about 45mins to a hour on various roads,and i was told to drive like you would on your test (both hands on the wheel and ten to two).

you will proberbly have to undergo a medical at some point ,basic stuff really and the usual questions .

ggod luck and let us know how you get on :smiley: :smiley:

jon

I was on an adr wirh a wincanton bloke from derby way, thinke he was at alfreton. Anyway, I remember one thing, he had to work all over the place, and whatever shift. I didnt ask any further, Im not saying its bad or good, but living in digs dont appeal.

Well I have know idea how i have done. I had the assesment drive first and you would have thought that I was on my first lesson. Things got slightly better at the end of the drive the assesor told me that it my inexperience showed through. I then had the interview I was told that they will contact me during this week one of three things will happen

1. Sorry not this time.

2. Can you come back for another interview.

3. Congratulations

There is one position available and there was three of us being interviewed so we shall wait and see.