Woolworths/Wincanton contract - any good?

I did a few weeks with Wincanton out of Larne, just before xmas. They were good to me. Pretty much just let you get on with it.

Keep seeing folks going on about this and the “good money” it pays. Just seen an ad for drivers on the jobcentre site stating £8-£16/hr (very likely nights/weekends etc) from Rochdale.

They’re always after drivers. Is the job any good? It states trunking with the option of doing store deliveries if you want.

I have done Woolworths work in the past through T&B when I was on class 2 and to be honest I loved it! I had a run starting in Leeds which covered most of S Yorks, Notts and N Derbys most days of the week and then a run along the N Wales coast (Rhyl, Caernarfon, Pwllheli, Porthmadog and down to Aberwystwyth) one day of the week.

Shifting all the hanging garments gets to be a pain in the ■■■■ after a while but it was pretty steady work. Not sure I’d liketo do the N Wales run in an artic :open_mouth: it was hairy enough in the FL6 :open_mouth:

Gurner is working on this at the minute if I remember rightly, although from a different base. He does nights and the money really is that good. Probably worth sending him a PM about it.

Yep just sent you a PM Rob.
Im working out of the swindon base, and the money is good and the drivers are looked after. No compaints here nor have i heard many from any of the other drivers!

Yeah I’ve spoken to Chris and Wincanton. Turns out they only have 4 depots in the UK and the Rochdale one is the nearest to me. Long way to go every day from here though :confused:

wincanton have just taken over p&o depot at the eurocentral just of the A8/M8 near glasgow. spoke to couple of the drivers there no complaints from them either, sounds like a pretty good job. :bulb:

Rob K:
Yeah I’ve spoken to Chris and Wincanton. Turns out they only have 4 depots in the UK and the Rochdale one is the nearest to me. Long way to go every day from here though :confused:

Wincanton now have a depot in Billingham, Teesside! I have delevered there!

Thecritic:

Rob K:

Is it a woolworths DC?

Gurner:

Thecritic:

Rob K:

Is it a woolworths DC?

Dont think so!!!
I think they have the KP contract!