Wincanton Nationwide Platforms Contract

I see Wincanton are advertising for class 1 & 2 drivers at Bristol and Liskeard Cornwall.

The usual really…anybody know what Wincanton are like to work for or NWP…money hours etc…Cheers guys :slight_smile:

Sadly can’t Speak for the south, but up here in the north west they pay very well, never even let you out of the yard with so much as a marker bulb out. My contract has decent hours, office can be a bit hit and miss and the boss only really speaks to you if there is an genuine issue.
They have been tryin to poach some core drivers from a site to go and work on this contract running out from Worsley, I am guessing the money must be okay, my basic is 32.5k Mon - Fri days on a 48hr so they wouldn’t be asking to switch for less internally.
Oh, and never even had a whiff of any “foreign” drivers up here which is why I always laugh at the “Wincanski” comments, generally made by people who failed to get a job with them and blame it on others whilst also failing to grasp that all drivers at each contract get the same, god forbid that someone not born on England can do a better job…

Flame suit on, ready to be told I don’t earn what my bank statement tells me…

Norfolkinclue1:
my basic is 32.5k Mon - Fri days on a 48hr …

Zb me that’s good. I’ve worked for them many years ago, in hindsight it was the contracts they had that were zb, not necessarily the company.

Norfolkinclue1:
Sadly can’t Speak for the south, but up here in the north west they pay very well, never even let you out of the yard with so much as a marker bulb out. My contract has decent hours, office can be a bit hit and miss and the boss only really speaks to you if there is an genuine issue.
They have been tryin to poach some core drivers from a site to go and work on this contract running out from Worsley, I am guessing the money must be okay, my basic is 32.5k Mon - Fri days on a 48hr so they wouldn’t be asking to switch for less internally.
Oh, and never even had a whiff of any “foreign” drivers up here which is why I always laugh at the “Wincanski” comments, generally made by people who failed to get a job with them and blame it on others whilst also failing to grasp that all drivers at each contract get the same, god forbid that someone not born on England can do a better job…

Agree with the above. I work for them on a building materials contract in the south and money is similar. Work an average 48hr week and they’re very keen for you to stay within WTD hours. H&S can be a bit pedantic, but even the slightest defect is fixed before you leave the yard. Didn’t choose to work for them, was TUPE’d from another company, but would quite happily recommend them, though obviously a lot depends on the office/manager on a particular contract.

Norfolkinclue1:
Sadly can’t Speak for the south, but up here in the north west they pay very well…

Looking at their Container work for Liverpool. Any idea what it’s like in that section? They don’t have the annual wage up but have "competitive " and ask you to put your current wage in.

Norfolkinclue1:

Thanks buddy…sounds very good and as you say it can be a bit tedious with the H&S but rather drive for a company like that instead of guys who don’t care about their drivers!! Thanks for the info!! :slight_smile:

The wages Wincanton pay depends on the contract. They run the Asda site in Rochdale and the money is peanuts there, Morrisons M Local site in Bury not much better, so it’s no guarantee the money will be good.

However, expect everything to be by the book & plenty of H&S rules.