Wincanton hulland ward

Hello is anyone on here working for them on this contract■■? Looking for some info on conditions hours and take home pay…
Thanks

Billy76:
Hello is anyone on here working for them on this contract■■? Looking for some info on conditions hours and take home pay…
Thanks

Wincanton?..I thought The Green Death had infested that place. :neutral_face:

robroy:

Billy76:
Thanks

They did rob but instead of getting the job sorted ( pick up the loads ) they decided to take on this that and everything & even those the planners were convinced it was possible you can’t be in 5 different places at the same time

robroy:

Billy76:
Thanks

green death got the boot rob, wincanton are just as bad as them

As far as I’m aware, wincanton are actually starting to get on top of that contract as they are managing to get the backloads that stobart couldnt, also looks like there’s some decent money to be made out of it. Personally I’d deffo have a crack at it if I was looking to make a move.

I worked for a company subbying for Stobbies on that contract and even the people running the site (forgot their name) didn’t seem that organised.

Trailers were all supposed to be pre loaded for us using their own shunters but never were so you had to go through the loading bit. Takes absolutely ages and some of the loaders are like the worst forkies - total mind reading required.

If Wincanton have got all that sorted then it might not be too bad and since most is to builders merchants there shouldn’t be any late finishes.

trevHCS:
I worked for a company subbying for Stobbies on that contract and even the people running the site (forgot their name) didn’t seem that organised.

Trailers were all supposed to be pre loaded for us using their own shunters but never were so you had to go through the loading bit. Takes absolutely ages and some of the loaders are like the worst forkies - total mind reading required.

If Wincanton have got all that sorted then it might not be too bad and since most is to builders merchants there shouldn’t be any late finishes.

Wasn’t that one of the arguments , aggregates were billing for late delivery , so stobarts wanted paying waiting time for the 4 hrs it took to tip / reload you there
Compare it with cemex job where most times I was on way out gate 45 mins later .
I remember bloke at Croft going on about loads not being picked up , as I said to him I’ve been here 3 hrs and I haven’t got past barrier into yard yet , never mind loaded , and there must be 5 stobart trucks behind me , compare that with subbies who’d been there for years who just drove straight in yard & loaded & gone
I think stobarts took a big finicial hit , loads of crane tris parked nr stoke so I’m told , but as a driver at the time I was glad to see the back of it to be honest , easy job but give me a cemex , p&g , agb load any day , especially on a fri afternoon !!!