Wilkinsons, worksop?

Does anyone on this site work at wilkos, or now anything about them with regards pay etc. I am moving to worksop in may and will be applying for the new B&Q, but if no luck there then possibly wilkos. One of our drivers has got an interveiw there on monday and was woried about his age being a proplem (62) they said it was no problem at all. Daz :wink:

all artics out of that wilkoā€™s are subcontractors so i assume you mean on the rigids? a mate of mine runs two units in there and before that he drove for them direct until they farmed all the haulage out, in total heā€™s been there about twenty years so that must say something about the setup.

first thing,dont move to worksop the place consists of smackheads,pushers,& [zb] kickers.its got be the most depressing god awfull town in the uk.As for wilkos all there haulage is contracted out to canutes.

That was a truly pathetic attempt! L. :wink:

Worksop? I went there once------------------It was closed! :wink:

Worksop ?.
Is it that place with 2 roundabouts & a McDonaldā€™s between the A1 & M6 ?.
If so I think it could also have a couple of laybys as well, but I could be wrong.
It also sounds too much like Work Shop for my liking.

Most of the work is done by Canute and from what i have heard about it they like you to supply a constant amount of blood every week, i dont know how true it is but i hear they are on Ā£235 basic + bonuses and fuel bonus and drop bonus etc etc .

B&Q are opening a depot round the corner from them which may be run by Exel not too sure but as its due to opne very soon they will be looking for loads of drivers, if you want to go tramping theres a load of transport companies on Gamston airfield such as Walkers who advertise they pay a ā€œcompetitiveā€ rate although i think the competition is with Mcdonalds!!!.

peter cherry:
first thing,dont move to worksop the place consists of smackheads,pushers,&sā€¦t kickers.its got be the most depressing god awfull town in the uk.As for wilkos all there haulage is contracted out to canutes.

you could say that about any town in south yorks/north notts, the whole area is a [zb] hole.
canutes are the main contractor in there but theres also two others but these are all artic, i do believe wilkoā€™s run the rigids themselves.
there is a huge amount of haulage in the area so it shouldnā€™t be to hard to get a start.

language edit: if it needs stars itā€™s not allowed ā€¦Denis F

paul b:
you could say that about any town in south yorks/north notts, the whole area is a [zb] hole.

You must be living in the wrong part of South Yorkshire - itā€™s fine where I live!

Iā€™m with Killsville, south yorks ainā€™t that bad and I live in the same part as Paul :confused:

must admit the place is changing, even dinnington is being smartened up, theres even talk of the bin men coming back round this way eventually.

paul b:
must admit the place is changing, even dinnington is being smartened up, theres even talk of the bin men coming back round this way eventually.

Ahh! Dinnington! That place did need a bit of work but itā€™s starting to look good now.

Have you seen the Motorsport place? I drove past the other day and there were about 4 top of the range Mercs with very nice looking trilers in there.

killsville:
You must be living in the wrong part of South Yorkshire - itā€™s fine where I live JUST!

same here :unamused:

killsville:
Have you seen the Motorsport place? I drove past the other day and there were about 4 top of the range Mercs with very nice looking trilers in there.

Ain`t that the place run by the cooks, of D.C.Cook car sales fame, who are also running the virgin cars operation?

peirre:

killsville:

Ain`t that the place run by the cooks, of D.C.Cook car sales fame, who are also running the virgin cars operation?

I think itā€™s called Manor Motorsport. Looking at their building and the motors parked outside, there must be a lot of money involved!

it is manor sport they provide cars for drivers to race in formular renault and formular three,apparently the wouldbe driver goes out and raises the cash in sponsership etc and then pays the team for a season, car and back up etc,itā€™s something like Ā£150,000 a season!
to be honest the area is a lot tidier now than it was when i first moved up eighteen years ago although i could still think of better places to live.

EVERY County has its rough or bad areas it doesnā€™t matter where you go :wink: :wink:

I live near Birley/Frecheville and if I go in one direction itā€™s a bit dodgy however if I go in the other itā€™s full of ten bob millionaires :unamused:
:laughing: All in the space of a mile :unamused: :wink:

killsville:
I think itā€™s called Manor Motorsport. Looking at their building and the motors parked outside, there must be a lot of money involved!

Yup I think thats deffo Paula Cooks place

killsville:

paul b:

You must be living in the wrong part of South Yorkshire - itā€™s fine where I live!

y yep, spot on here also not a dee dar for miles.

I thought the subject was working at Wilkinsons not manor motor sports or living in worksop. Must be my mistake. Hello tidy cab, make sure you get me an application for b and q.

RMower:
make sure you get me an application for b and q.

1 of the guys at work has the email contact addy for the HR lady at B&Q dealing with the applications, I must remember to get it and PM those who want to know