Why advertise jobs!

i was trawling the net, looking for possible vacancies, so found a company says there looking for drivers very local to me sent cv,filled application etc… so am not one to wait and hope for reply’s cos many dont so i phone get in touch with the guy who posted the ad to be told there not taking on :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: what is the ■■■■■■■ point, and i dont want to hear excuses “oh the website needs updating”

I know i"m waiting for 2 replies for jobs its shee it :open_mouth:

Agencies advertise non-existent jobs and then get Job Centre Plus to advetise them as well. If employers are advertising non-existent jobs then they are just being stupid and word soon gets around.

waddy640:
Agencies advertise non-existent jobs and then get Job Centre Plus to advetise them as well. If employers are advertising non-existent jobs then they are just being stupid and word soon gets around.

this was on the company’s own website with links to application forms and email addy, just a waste of my time and patience!!

They either have a high turnover of drivers or they are just to lazy to keep their website up to date.

If they were paying for advertising they wouldn’t be so laid back, or perhaps they would.

Anyway good luck with the search, all things come to he or she who waits.

this has been going on in ireland for years its called C.V harvesting were recruitment agencies advertise jobs that dont exist people send in their C.V the agency then files them away,then when a company comes looking for an employee the agency looks through their list of people who meet the job spec and contact them.
it happened to me about six years ago i applied for a job heard nothing from the agency then a year&half later got a call from them