Job Advert secrecy

:unamused: Why do so many companies want to advertise for drivers, but do not want to tell them anything ? Do they really expect me and you to ring hundreds, if not thousands of companies to find out what the score is ?
Here is classic example of a job advertised today from one of the internet job sites.
I have only changed the name of the bloke’s name at the end:-

“Class 1 drivers urgently required for night work with a well established client working out of Bristol. Candidates will need to have a minimum of 6 months experience. Shifts available are night shifts! Please contact Joe Bloggs for more information.”

Did you spot the mistake. They were so keen not to tell you anything, that they have not given any contact details. :unamused: Idiots.

Sounds like an agency to me Daf and they like to get you in the door and see how little they can offer.

this normally means that the pay is poor and the terms and conditions are open for discussion,but dafmad you will always get someone that will take the job.i don’t critise them for taking such jobs as it might be better than what there in now or what they are getting on the dole.i blame the haulage company for the lack of respect they have for there drivers and employees.but untill someone higher up stands up to them then this will continue.its wrong that the goverment let this go on as i think there minimum wage is far to low for the average uk based worker.companies like this one will exploit every avenue to save them money,whilst these gaffers are running around in the big bmw’s and living in big fancy houses, the average worker is struggling to make ends meet due to the minimun wage system.i would love to swap places with one of these guys and let them see what life is like at the foot of the ladder,i suspect it will never happen. :wink:

Well, :unamused: If I were to advertise a drivers job, I would put in all the facts.
Money, OT, Night out. etc.
Motor, Make Model and age. Someone might want it just cos of the right motor, then again, knows not to bother cos it don’t suit them.
Location of starting point, or yard.
Then type of work, Tauts, Tippers or whatever.
I for one do not ring companies that put one line ads in i.e. Driver wanted, Phone 01234 567890. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :imp: :angry:

DAFMAD:
Well, :unamused: If I were to advertise a drivers job, I would put in all the facts.
Money, OT, Night out. etc.
Motor, Make Model and age. Someone might want it just cos of the right motor, then again, knows not to bother cos it don’t suit them.
Location of starting point, or yard.
Then type of work, Tauts, Tippers or whatever.
I for one do not ring companies that put one line ads in i.e. Driver wanted, Phone 01234 567890. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :imp: :angry:

I’m the same. I like to know as much as possible. Agencies could help themselves by putting on separate ads for each contract they have or whatever rather than just saying “7.5t, class 2 & 1 drivers required, various contracts, £5-18/hr” - that’s no use to anyone.

Anything under £8/hr on days I don’t bother looking at anyway :grimacing:

Driver wanted, Phone 01234 567890.

I phoned them all day, and didnt get any reply. Will try again Monday :stuck_out_tongue:

I went for a nosey round yesterday, called in to see someone who had an advert in the paper.

Asked if they wanted drivers, I was ponced upon within seconds, given forms to fill in and interviewed within 1/2 hour.

The job seems decent enough, and i will be putting a French Family out on the streets begging :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Driver wanted, Phone 01234 567890.

I phoned them all day, and didnt get any reply. Will try again Monday :stuck_out_tongue:

PMSL, I spose someone would some time some day. :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with that job, Wheel Nut.