Depressing advert in Job section

Well its finally arrived.
HGV driving is now a minimum wage job,the same as serving at Macdonalds.
See latest addition to Jobs section.
Would anyone like to suggest another job where the salary has halved in 20 years,and the traffic\paperwork has doubled.
The only positive note is the vehicles are quieter and easier to drive.
I would like to start a campaign to punch anyone who says there is a driver shortage!
In Nov/Dec I have applied for 37 jobs from Coventry-London with only 3 replies,all rejections.
Age 43,20 year history,clean licence.
Looks like its back to the buses,basic £11.45 hour.
Anyone else having a similar experience?
And as for driver agencies…

The ONLY way HGV driving is minimum wage is because people have let it get to that stage…

Firms KNOW that someone will drive for that money, esp in the middle of a recession when jobs are scarce…

So dont blame the hauliers, nor can you blame the people who are in a situation where they HAVE to work for that sort of cash…

I recently advertised 7.5t multi-drop vacancies, over half the applicants were HGV1 drivers.

Question is do I invest the time and money employing them or will they be off as soon as they get something better…!!!

its a discrace to be paid that sort of money. but at the end of the day if you got people that are prepared to work for that amount of money then you have to blame them. they are the ones that are pushing the price down there is no way on the face of this earth that i will drive for that.

sorry to say and this is going to offend a lot of people on here, why are you working for that sort of money with that sort of responsabilty, a lot on here has been out of work for ages chasing jobs that pay crap WHY DO IT?
why dont you go get a job as a cleaner that pays more ! no responsabilties !
anyone can be a cleaner !

sorry to offend but thats my opinion. no jobs in driving… do something else for a short while untill it picks up. you cant live on social for long.especialy if you got kids a morgage, car to run, the list goes on.
but to drive a truck for a living for £5 odd per hour you must be mad and you got no one else to blame, no one is forcing you to drive for that sort of money

john

already being discussed here…

minimum wage

so this topic is locked.