Job ads

Ok so nowadays some hauliers have started advertising ‘jobs’ on their vehicles, why do people always assume there actually are vacancies? Just because there’s an advert doesn’t necessarily mean there’s a job, I remember years ago companies like UCI/NYK, Lane etc had adverts on their trailers but when you rang up or applied you got nothing-ffs pull them down if there aren’t any jobs going…![emoji15]

I thought those job advert signs were just a cheap way of hiding the parking grazes on the back. :open_mouth:

I can think of three companies where those job adverts are always relevant and available. One is a well known milk supplier (think moo cow livery), another is a well known bakery (think Sylvester Stallone) and the other is a well known ‘foodservice’ outfit (think utter crud).

I would have thought the foodservice one was genuine, those companies cannot get drivers for love nor money around here!

Twoninety88:
I would have thought the foodservice one was genuine, those companies cannot get drivers for love nor money around here!

And we all know why don’t we? :grimacing:
Same with the home delivery firms that seem to currently be mainly agency staff, as they can’t get any permanent employee’s to stay! :laughing: I know of one member on here (I won’t name) that has stuck it out for 3 months working 13-15 hour days (i.e. the max possible) and is handing his notice in this week. The agency staff outnumber the permanent staff 2:1 and even then, they are a third short of drivers. Which in turn means that the work has to be picked up by the existing staff, and results in them being worked to death.

Evil8Beezle:
And we all know why don’t we? :grimacing:
Same with the home delivery firms that seem to currently be mainly agency staff, as they can’t get any permanent employee’s to stay! :laughing: I know of one member on here (I won’t name) that has stuck it out for 3 months working 13-15 hour days (i.e. the max possible) and is handing his notice in this week. The agency staff outnumber the permanent staff 2:1 and even then, they are a third short of drivers. Which in turn means that the work has to be picked up by the existing staff, and results in them being worked to death.

Sounds identical to where I used to work. Thank fork I got out of there.

I always think the worst when I’ve seen these ‘jobs’ advertised. Makes me think the job is so terrible that they have to permanently recruit new folk.

A.