jobcentre website

not really a great thing to use is it?
i mean up here near enough every ad is for an agency. how are you meant to get a start when you dont wanna go with an agency?

i know i agree i look at it daily to see whats happening. what i do is look for realistic wages and saleries because the agency always offer the earth. also cos i look at it daily the jobs ive already looked at are highlighted and i only look for jobs of the last 24 hours. :wink:

i think agencys are spawn of the devil and there is way too many trying to do a job they know nothing about.

yea im with 2 agencys, one gives me class 2 the other offers me class 1.

but id much prefer to have a full time job with one company though. im just hoping i can get one soon as im moving at the end of june next year into my first house :smiley:

I e-mailed them years ago to ask if I could exempt agencies from the searches and they said no.

Thew more jobs they have on offer from who where or what matters not the governemnt can talk about the thousands of jobsd on its website most of which are agency that dont exist.

jammymutt:
thousands of jobsd on its website most of which are agency that dont exist.

no they dont exist at all… agencys should be banned.
:imp:
and im an agency driver :open_mouth:

I personally think agencies have done more to wreck our industry than any foreign drivers ever have and probably ever will.

kjw21:
I personally think agencies have done more to wreck our industry than any foreign drivers ever have and probably ever will.

here here :imp: :imp: :imp:

I’ve been on the same contract (through an agency) working 5 days a week for several months now.

The company I’ve been working for are not interested in taking us on permanently.
Seems companies are quite happy to use agency workers who they can hire or fire as and when necessary, as opposed to recruiting permanent staff.

I often wonder if (as a driver) I will ever have a permanent job again.

It ■■■■■, apart from the fact there are never any jobs in my area. It gives me “4 matches (all agency) and 96 CLOSE matches”

Well if they are close then why is the first job displayed Glasgow, and the second Sheffield, when I live on the South Coast?!

Entirely useless as a job search tool in my opinion.

Scarab:
It ■■■■■, apart from the fact there are never any jobs in my area. It gives me “4 matches (all agency) and 96 CLOSE matches”

Well if they are close then why is the first job displayed Glasgow, and the second Sheffield, when I live on the South Coast?!

Entirely useless as a job search tool in my opinion.

should work if you use the ‘location’ option in the drop down tab - does for me :slight_smile:

ROG:
should work if you use the ‘location’ option in the drop down tab - does for me :slight_smile:

Thats with the location set to within 30 miles of my post-code and relocation set to “no”

Scarab:

ROG:

Thats with the location set to within 30 miles of my post-code and relocation set to “no”

I blame the boffins then… :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BUT it works for me :confused: :confused: :confused:
TRY THIS and then go to refine search to see what I did

Same here in South Wales, all the jobs from the past week apart from one are for agencies. Some thing needs to be done about them.

I have been working full time for the last 18 months for one agency on the same contract, for a well know supermaket. They are also not taking on, and I am one of about 30 agency drivers on the rosta. Never mind, very little helps.

I’ve said it many a time - Ban the Lot - and have also complained about their antics on the job site. The have and still are ruining the job.

I found one recently saying they’re “Transport Services” like an agency but not an agency - their words (but not in the ad), ban them too. :unamused:

Some time ago, I did a day on the a refuse truck. The lads on there were telling me that with the exception of a week, they had been on the same job for just under 2 YEARS!!!

The govt should cap how long they can put you somewhere and when the clients get ■■■■■■ off having to show someone the ropes every 3 months or so, they’ll maybe reconsider full time employees.

I am signed up with Driver Liar at the minute and have had one day in the last 7 weeks!!

Bunch of ■■■■■■■■■■ Agencies advertise vacancies that may exist at the time but they have filled immediately after placing an ad - it’s all to get you on the books.

And can I just get feedback on this one? Does anyone else notice that you end up at places doing stuff you wouldnt dream of applying for if it were a normal vacancy?? And also, if you show any dislike to it, you get less offers of work?

Opinions please.

:laughing: God I feel better for that rant.

Seems scarily similar to the labour exchanges of victorian times doesnt it.

You could argue that they serve a purpose in that they can provide an emergency service covering odd shifts but TWO bloody years in the same job.
Thats ■■■■■■■■ and is where they cause problems.

They should never be allowed to advertise a vacancy that doesnt exist at that particular moment in time and if they want to trawl for drivers they should be made to advertise in an accurate manner i.e “We want drivers for contracts that may or may not exist in the future. We wont promise the earth because we know full well that it will never ever happen. Temporary to permanent - no chance - we say that to keep you hanging on at a particular job that we rake the cash in for on the slim chance that someone may notice your graft”

Newbee here… great site, but boy don’t you get the same people repling to every new thread, be it agencies, tacho’s even thermal fusion they know everything…Maybe if they had a decent job they would be pr-occupied with that instead of boring us to death…

And if your out of work you have yourselves to blame for working for £8 a hour class 1 and spending that on laptops,sat navs, curtains ,trims flat screen etc etc … Me i’m flat out muckshifting my boss can’t get decent guys and we are after a few… Don’t bother you polyester clad maplins geeks Get your boots dirty and stop telling tales on other drivers like 'the last driver in here was eating wotsits ’ and ‘there is ash on the floor’…

I know agencies are a disgrace but it don’t help if everyone is telling tales on everyone and before you talk of new units and cookers learn a few gearboxes … Me I blame the hgv instructors they ALL SAY THE SAME
1-Not enough drivers out there
2- Easy get a job and Finally and the best you will need a 5 day course… am i right lads

Ive just started tramping again after a 3 month stint with the agencies, and not a minute too soon. I really do note like agency work, I much prefer regular work, with my own unit to look after and thats what I’ve got now.

The fact that it’s a reputable firm, seen as a local ‘dead man’s shoes’ position and the money is good is a bonus.

Having said that, I suppose I should admit that if anything does go ■■■■ up (like being made redundant such as last time) then I’ll be back on with them until I find something better. :sunglasses:

Paul.

mucksavaga:
Newbee here… great site, but boy don’t you get the same people repling to every new thread, be it agencies, tacho’s even thermal fusion they know everything…Maybe if they had a decent job they would be pr-occupied with that instead of boring us to death…

And if your out of work you have yourselves to blame for working for £8 a hour class 1 and spending that on laptops,sat navs, curtains ,trims flat screen etc etc … Me i’m flat out muckshifting my boss can’t get decent guys and we are after a few… Don’t bother you polyester clad maplins geeks Get your boots dirty and stop telling tales on other drivers like 'the last driver in here was eating wotsits ’ and ‘there is ash on the floor’…

I know agencies are a disgrace but it don’t help if everyone is telling tales on everyone and before you talk of new units and cookers learn a few gearboxes … Me I blame the hgv instructors they ALL SAY THE SAME
2- Easy get a job and Finally and the best you will need a 5 day course… am i right lads

i think i will put my tin hat on now .
its going to get dirty out ther

mucksavaga:

Simple really - if it bores you to death dont read it.