Whoop, Passed!

:laughing: :sunglasses:

Class 2 (C or Rigid for the pedants), 2nd time lucky.

After having a 2week break since my first test was pretty iffy and not that confident, but the 2hour warm-up went well and got back into the swing of it in no time, though I did brush reverse on a 3rd to 5th change which I hadn’t done since my assessment :confused: luckily not on the test though.

Reverse and braking excercise went smoothly as, thought they never were really an issue (it’s just a big van really). Though I was questioning myself after the show me tell me when he gave me 4 Q’s the last one being show me how you’d check the air brakes, and I thought well that must involve leaving the engine running and leaving the cab…but isn’t that a bad move?? Thought well you can’t check for leaks without doing so, guess it’s correct now but not having been run through that particular question i wasn’t 100% sure.

The drive went fairly well, very similar route to my first test which was good and bad as I felt like i knew roughly how far into the route we were, but it meant I had to tackle the busiest roundabout in the world again which I failed my last test on. Plus it was once again a 2.30pm test so school run hell in the middle of Shrewsbury. I was fairly happy with the drive though, all went pretty smoothly, no clipped curbs, missed signals or cocked up range changes. Biggest downer was hitting ‘the’ roundabout, was sitting there for a good 5minutes thinking i’m gonna fail AGAIN, on the SAME thing coz I just could not get a gap whatsoever and all the cars coming round I couldn’t see their left indicators to tell if they were coming off or coming right round. Finally got a gap and went for it and a police car with sirens put pay to that one, another 2.5minutes and thought I saw a gap so went for it, luckily it was sufficient. Got back to test centre and was told I’d passed much to my relief, 6 minors, so 1 more than last time, but it beats a fail so :sunglasses:

Time to find a job now, then onto Artic…

Well done mate it’s a brilliant feeling, good luck with your progression to the C+E

:smiley: :smiley: Happy for you mate. Congrats. Did mine yesterday and my palms are still sweating :open_mouth:

Grab yourself a drink mate - you deserve it

That’s my problem too, stick the blowers on full and direct them at my hands, stop em from slipping off the wheel :confused: Although it was pretty hot today.

WELL DONE Kiowan :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

good stuff matey, congrats :smiley:

Well done mate, I couldn’t think of a worse place to take a test than Shrewsbury, I was down there last week in an artic (first time I’d been there) and I couldn’t get anywhere for low bridges and weight limits

Congratulations also all the best with
finding a job and C+E :smiley:

You’re right about the weight limits Roy, the signs are a nightmare because they specifiy certain times and certain days and the details of which are only on the roundabout exit?! takes you a couple of minutes to read the ■■■■ things. Luckily by the time I was tested I knew where to avoid mostly and in all fairness the instructor wasn’t actively trying to catch me out, he’d tell me if we had a test exemption for weight limits (and we were allowed through quite a few) otherwise you just drive where you’re allowed.

P.S I thought in the wake of a few bad PR posts regarding training firms i’d just say that although after 1 retest it worked out pretty expensive, the RTITB Academy which is who I trained with were very good. Decent full spec trucks, helpful and accomodating (payment wise) admin staff and the instructors I had were both obviously competant and patient but weren’t afraid to make me work hard and tell me off for making silly stuff ups. So for anyone near Telford they’re worth contacting, plus they give you a free hours assessment drive before you book to decide on a training course, and from my experience they don’t overestimate the need.

Well done Kiowan had any luck with getting a job yet mate ?

nice one mate , congrats !!!