Passed my Class 2 this morning!

:sunglasses: First time too, very happy!

Now lets try find some work, luckily where I am now have a class 2 so can get a bit of experience in that before i do my class 1!

philmots:
8) First time too, very happy!

Now lets try find some work, luckily where I am now have a class 2 so can get a bit of experience in that before i do my class 1!

Hi philmots

wellcome to the mad house :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and a big well done

Hi there!!

Welcome to the ā€˜Nuthouseā€™!! Lots of great advice here and help from very knowledgable people!

Lots of chuckles too; so please join in!

Also: a big CONGRATS on the passā€¦Well done!!

Cheers,

Simon

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome philmots :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics & avatars, How to use quotes, Driver CPC, and much moreā€¦

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

philmots:
8) Now lets try find some work, luckily where I am now have a class 2 so can get a bit of experience in that before i do my class 1!

You much luckier than most newbies - make the most of your opportunities :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah am deffo in quite a fortunate situtation I reckon, as much as i want to get out of where i am (one the reasons of doing the license) think iā€™d be daft not to knock up a few months of experience where i am! Nice wagon too, 58 reg Merc whatever!

Only 5 minors too which werenā€™t too bad! Cheers guys. :smiley:

congrats on passing, take your time and enjoy the Cat C for a while, I made the mistake of wanting C+E very quickly and blew out on the first time. Get used to the size of the wagon.

Hi philmots,

Andā€¦

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your Cat ā€œCā€ test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done on passing your CAT C. Get on and do the CE while youā€™re still in a learning frame of mind. Experience can sometimes equal bad habits. Not a big deal. We never used to get used to C first; staged training is a relatively recent rule (1997). Get your CE. It will never be cheaper and it opens more doors when they eventually start to open. Good luck.

Congrats on your pass :wink:

Peter Smythe:
Well done on passing your CAT C. Get on and do the CE while youā€™re still in a learning frame of mind. Experience can sometimes equal bad habits. Not a big deal. We never used to get used to C first; staged training is a relatively recent rule (1997). Get your CE. It will never be cheaper and it opens more doors when they eventually start to open. Good luck.

Alternative view but not practical for most in a recession -

Do ā€˜Cā€™ and drive for a few months but allot at least a couple of hours each week to drive like you did on test.
This will give you large vehicle experience and find out what the numpties out there can throw at you before progressing to a larger LGV.

I know this is now going well off topic and I apologise to the OP :blush: :blush:

allot at least a couple of hours each week to drive like you did on test.

Now hereā€™s a great idea: drive properly all the time and behave like a professional. If trained correctly, you should be able to do a great job without changing your style for the worse. Remember the LGV test is a test of professional driving. Youā€™ve proved you can achieve it; why let it slip?

Before everyone shouts, yes of course I break speed limits from time to time and I donā€™t set myself up as perfect. Thatā€™s human nature. But we should all strive for the highest possible standards.

Congratulations are in order dude. :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile:

Join the first time pass club. :smiley:

Congratulations, philmots :smiley:

congradulations

Congratulations philmots :slight_smile: