Whoohoo - Now Employed!

Start my new full time job Monday!!
Hopefully all will be good, have to do 7.5t for a week till new rota set up then should be 12t, 18t then 26t

Not best wage, but better than McDowell I posted earlier. No stupid hours either or away on nights.

Start at 7.30, TM said don’t come in earlier as it suits inside staff ! Then way they have set up the trucks need to be back for 3pm or at latest 4pm. So like those hours. Job and knock as well.
Nice little run to Leicester start at 3am be there for 6am. Load then back and off home. Do that on a rota for 3mth stint at extra £1.50 an hour.

I’d do it all time as want ️nights , said plenty will swap!

Of course, cynical me, it could all be a crock bit interview went very well they were friendly and genuine so very pleased for the experience .

So for all the new passes out there, it’s possible to get work. They didn’t care about my limited experience , owner said we all start somewhere and I passed a test so driving must be up to standard !

I got this interview by getting out there and passing CV in person.

Only next week will tell how this goes - but seemed very relaxed so be nice to ease in!

sounds good! hope you enjoy it. ive been at it 2 months now, loving it!!

Good positive post. Glad the advice to go door knocking worked for you. Fire away with any questions.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Only thing I need to learn more of is pallets. They have different loads, some strappable, some would crumble. First week with someone to show how firm works so will be looking at how everyone loads and secures theirs as well as my own. TM said helpful lot so can’t see any problems.

dcgpx:
Only thing I need to learn more of is pallets. They have different loads, some strappable, some would crumble. First week with someone to show how firm works so will be looking at how everyone loads and secures theirs as well as my own. TM said helpful lot so can’t see any problems.

Most of that will come to you. We take lots of paper stacks which need to be strapped. Some drivers use the internals while others use ratchets. We also do large rolls of paper but they need to be ratcheted down because if one of them made a break for it then it would cause chaos.

dcgpx:
Start my new full time job Monday!!
Hopefully all will be good, have to do 7.5t for a week till new rota set up then should be 12t, 18t then 26t

Not best wage, but better than McDowell I posted earlier. No stupid hours either or away on nights.

Start at 7.30, TM said don’t come in earlier as it suits inside staff ! Then way they have set up the trucks need to be back for 3pm or at latest 4pm. So like those hours. Job and knock as well.
Nice little run to Leicester start at 3am be there for 6am. Load then back and off home. Do that on a rota for 3mth stint at extra £1.50 an hour.

I’d do it all time as want ️nights , said plenty will swap!

Of course, cynical me, it could all be a crock bit interview went very well they were friendly and genuine so very pleased for the experience .

So for all the new passes out there, it’s possible to get work. They didn’t care about my limited experience , owner said we all start somewhere and I passed a test so driving must be up to standard !

I got this interview by getting out there and passing CV in person.

Only next week will tell how this goes - but seemed very relaxed so be nice to ease in!

:smiley:

Could have wrote that better haha.

What I meant was normally start at 7.30 but they have a regular run to Leicester where you’d start at 3am and have a pick up at 6am at some place there. Load up and set off back and then your done for day. They have this on a rota so everyone does it for 3mth then back to normal 7:30 starts

Good news. Hope everything goes well for you. All the best.

Happy days, loads of work out there, just need to go and knock on doors and not bother with this email and phoning malarkey!! I am now one step closer to getting weekend work to boost the income and also experience under the belt for when I leave the forces!!!

Looking forward to it can’t wait to get out on own