First interview!!

So passed back on the 9th, had a wee wait for cpc card to turn up, but fired off a few applications on line in the meantime, applied for a local multidrop job, didn’t hear anything and online didn’t say anything other than it’s been sent in so gave them a buzz and managed to have a a chat with guy I need to speak to and been asked to come in for a Chat. They are always busy and obviously getting out of work short notice can be difficult so arrange to go in on lunchbreak anytime this week and will make sure is free, they know I’m new, have my cards, passport and NI no, boots are clean, Hivis good to go etc so it’s just go in and see what they say.

I do deal with the company through work anyway, and while I know sod all about driving a lorry my current job isn’t a million miles away from a traffic office so plan on going in being honest about what I do and don’t know about the driving and what I lack in experience there I know how they feel when dealing with customers/drivers so at least that side I will not cause as much of a headache.

Feeling pretty good they seem keen and working around me as much as they can.

So any tips on best things to ask and say that helps them not worry chucking me the keeps to 18t plus of truck isn’t going to be a bad idea?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

In the current climate you have a chance. At the end of the day you are turning up with a licence so it shows some initiative and a wish to develop yourself and make yourself employable. There is a lot to be said for this, so yeah, just be honest and go for it.

Well it went well, Manager was a great guy to talk to lots of info on the job,pay etc offered the chance, so now its just work out the notice period and onto, what I hope is the start of a far more enjoyable career :slight_smile:

Well congratulations on the job offer! No doubt it won’t all be plain sailing and there will be some hard yards to be made at the beginning, but most drivers just want to get on with the work at hand. You obviously know yourself that being out on your own and getting on with it is what you want to do, so great. Multidrop gives a good mixture of driving with getting out for some interaction and physical work too. All round a very good way to start.

Noremac:
Well congratulations on the job offer! No doubt it won’t all be plain sailing and there will be some hard yards to be made at the beginning, but most drivers just want to get on with the work at hand. You obviously know yourself that being out on your own and getting on with it is what you want to do, so great. Multidrop gives a good mixture of driving with getting out for some interaction and physical work too. All round a very good way to start.

Thank you, and thank you for reading that utter ramble of a post, notice in at work now so its onwards and upwards

And this is what it’s all about - - the first step on the all important ladder. You worked hard for this and I’m sure you’ll do well.

Don’t be afraid to ask intelligent questions and remember to enjoy!

Congratulations, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
And this is what it’s all about - - the first step on the all important ladder. You worked hard for this and I’m sure you’ll do well.

Don’t be afraid to ask intelligent questions and remember to enjoy!

Congratulations, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you Pete :slight_smile: All made possible, thanks to you and the fantastic team at PSTT, looking forward to starting a lot!