Who do you blame for this

is it the slower moving car or the truck ? I have my own opinion !

Regards

The “Professional Driver” :unamused:

sgt major roadworks:
is it the slower moving car or the truck ? I have my own opinion

youtube.com/watch?v=LO8Rss41vnQ

Regards

Looks like a typical left hand drive truck incident to me

Although the truck driver hit the car and not the other way around it has to be said that the actions of the car driver would also be taken into consideration as it deliberately stayed in a dangerous position.

I also noticed that he truck got far too close to the car it was gaining on before it pulled out.

I could not see whether the truck gave any or enough indication or not - maybe some with better eyesight than me can…

The comments amuse me on You Tube.

Of course it was the trucks fault, he was too close to the white car anyway and then pulled into the side of the green Merc

ROG:

sgt major roadworks:
is it the slower moving car or the truck ? I have my own opinion !

youtube.com/watch?v=LO8Rss41vnQ

Regards

Looks like a typical left hand drive truck incident to me

Although the truck driver hit the car and not the other way around it has to be said that the actions of the car driver would also be taken into consideration as it deliberately stayed in a dangerous position.

I also noticed that he truck got far too close to the car it was gaining on before it pulled out.

I could not see whether the truck gave any or enough indication or not - maybe some with better eyesight than me can…

:open_mouth: that’s an unusual slant ROG! He did indicate but it appeared to be the all too common affair of moving out AS he indicated. :unamused:

Can’t see any blame should be attached to the car driver myself, though I hate to say it!

simples Lorry

44 Tonne Ton:
Can’t see any blame should be attached to the car driver myself, though I hate to say it!

The car driver has a responsibility not to deliberately put their vehicle in a situation which may have consequences.
Some situations are unavoidable but this particular one was avoidable

An incident between vehicles can usually be avoided by ONE or MORE of the vehicles involved.
The percentage of BLAME or RESPONSIBILITY for each one of the drivers involved is what the investigators and courts are for.

Put it this way… would anyone on here delierately keep their car next to a truck for more than necessary when there is another safer option available :question:

The truck driver is at fault but there could be mitigating circumstances as he probably could not see the car, however he should have known a car was in the process of overtaking him long before he decided to change lanes as he could have seen it in the idiot mirror as the car was alongside but further back. If he had fitted the freznel lens given away free at ports he would have seen the car!
Although the car driver was not at fault he could have avoided the accident had he watched what was happening ahead of the truck, but he might not have realised the truck was a left ■■■■■■ and the driver could not see him. Anyone on this site would have seen what was likely to happen and moved over to let the truck pull out, I hope :unamused:

'kin 'ell!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

first time i’ve seen this video :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

since they stopped posting it on here over 6 months ago :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

do people on here just go searching Youtube for truck accidents or something? :unamused:

I dont know how a car driver can deliberatley put themselves in a vulnrable position…they dont have the sense to work that out. To do so they would have to be thinking and concentrating on driving, they do neither.

mick palmer:
I dont know how a car driver can deliberatley put themselves in a vulnrable position…they dont have the sense to work that out. To do so they would have to be thinking and concentrating on driving, they do neither.

Perhaps DELIBERATELY was the wrong word -
Would anyone on here have driven their car next to a truck for more than necessary when there is another safer option available :question:

shuttlespanker:
'kin 'ell!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

first time i’ve seen this video :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

since they stopped posting it on here over 6 months ago :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

do people on here just go searching Youtube for truck accidents or something? :unamused:

No dont have the time for searching peoples missfortunes a friend of mine emailed it to me and I apologise if
it has been on here before
Will this do as an apology or will i still be flogged ? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

sgt major roadworks:
No dont have the time for searching peoples missfortunes a friend of mine emailed it to me and I apologise if
Will this do as an apology or will i still be flogged ? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

We will forgive you if you can find a video on YouTube of a truck pushing a car sideways up the A1, then post it in a new thread.

Harry Monk:

sgt major roadworks:

We will forgive you if you can find a video on YouTube of a truck pushing a car sideways up the A1, then post it in a new thread.

Harry, you saying he will never get forgiveness then, that vid has been pulled by the user, something to do with the rozzers wanting to take a look at it :wink:

why they couldn’t watch it on youtube (or one of the many threads now merged into one :laughing: :laughing: ) like everybody else, i’ve no idea :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:
Harry, you saying he will never get forgiveness then, that vid has been pulled by the user, :

So it has…

We’ll just have to make do with this one then :wink:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG6Gri_BCsQ

ROG:
The car driver has a responsibility not to deliberately put their vehicle in a situation which may have consequences.
Some situations are unavoidable but this particular one was avoidable

An incident between vehicles can usually be avoided by ONE or MORE of the vehicles involved.
The percentage of BLAME or RESPONSIBILITY for each one of the drivers involved is what the investigators and courts are for.

Put it this way… would anyone on here delierately keep their car next to a truck for more than necessary when there is another safer option available

What a load of tosh :unamused:

The responsibility for that “incident” lies with the “professional”.

SOME car drivers are not “road aware”. That car driver could not “see” that incident developing, they were just minding their own business, in the roadworks, possibly in an av speed cam zone.

He/she were probably unaware that truck was a left ■■■■■■, and didn’t spot the “signs” which we “professionals” would have been able to see :exclamation:

Yes, the car driver was simply keeping a safe distance from the vehicle in front of him.

Was the truck driver?

Also ROG, here’s a little ditty I once heard, I don’t know if it is common, I wonder if anyone else has ever heard it?

MIRROR

Signal

Manouevre
:wink:

Actually, it’s not entirely Stanislav’s fault, he was probably getting to a really interesting part of that DVD he was watching on his lappy :wink:

mick palmer:

Ive noticed a trend lately among car drivers,that is as soon as you indicate to move to the middle lane to over take,the car coming up behind you automatically accelerates to block you in and sit alongside you,risking their life rather than let you out.
This must be a cause of a high percentage of left ■■■■■■ side swipe accidents

defo the truck drivers fault, we carnt see why the truck was so close to the white car maybe he just pulled out in front of unit off a slip road, green car just happened to be in that awful postion the blind spot, the driver of truck was probably concentrating on car in front gave a quick glance indicated and went for it, lesson to be learnt always check mirrors not just when your making manouvers,