Who is at fault here?

Apologies if this has been discussed before but would be interested to hear views on this accident.

youtube.com/watch?v=l_eiP8sk_KQ

Sorry to have to say this, but as it’s been posted by you - it will obviously be the lorry drivers fault…

Have you not got an opinion then? Blind spots were mentioned

Of course I have an opinion, and if I had ever seen you post in a topic where you didn’t blame the lorry driver for all the accidents on our roads, then I would happily engage in a discussion about it. As it is, you have already decided that the lorry driver is to blame, so why bother with any further discussion? Whether I agree with you or not is immaterial.

The vehicle was clearly in the drivers blind spot. It’s hard to say who is at fault here, but i put the whole blame on the vehicles heading south!

grumpybum:
Of course I have an opinion, and if I had ever seen you post in a topic where you didn’t blame the lorry driver for all the accidents on our roads, then I would happily engage in a discussion about it. As it is, you have already decided that the lorry driver is to blame, so why bother with any further discussion? Whether I agree with you or not is immaterial.

Listen I am a lorry driver,have been for many years.I only blame the lorry driver if i think he is at fault.I am not biased like some on here that seem to think the lorry driver is never at fault.
I asked for an opinion…if you can’t give one why bother replying?

the truck

The car driver put the car into the blindspot of the truck… Obviously :slight_smile:.

But seriously, unless you know what occurred further back up the road, there is no way to tell who is at fault.

It would be interesting to see what the law actually decided in the case.Let’s just say that both truck drivers don’t exactly seem like driver of the year material. :smiling_imp: While if it had been me driving the Porsche you can bet that I wouldn’t have been driving it slow enough to have needed to be overtaken by a truck limited to 90 kmh and if I had I’d have braked and put in on the hard shoulder long before the point where the truck moved over on it having seen it’s line in the mirror. :wink:

Hasn’t this one been done to death already :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

(Mods can you put in the link please )

dar1976:
But seriously, unless you know what occurred further back up the road, there is no way to tell who is at fault.

According to the accompanying text the Porsche was given way to at the previous junction to allow him onto the motorway from the slip road. Maybe the lorry driver forgot he was there or wondered where he’d gone to ? :smiley:

Both

His Holiness The Pope

Looks like he followed his mate into lane 1 without checking mirrors

Notice his mate didnt even stop, typical bulker :grimacing: And all those clowns on the opposite carriageway nearly caused another pileup dolly bastarts.

FarnboroughBoy11:
Both

Reckon it is a bit of both.The car driver for putting themselves in situation and the truck driver not realising the car was there.
Bad driving all round.

albion1971:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Both

Reckon it is a bit of both.The car driver for putting themselves in situation and the truck driver not realising the car was there.
Bad driving all round.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Basic Highway Code , check your mirrors and make sure it’s safe before you change lanes. Hgv driver to blame.

Short of getting out the drivers seat and looking out the window, how would you suggest they do that exactly when someone is driving in the blind spot?

Should you have passed your theory test also you’d know that if a slow vehicle is over taking you, you are meant to slow down so that they may clear you as quickly as possible to avoid causing tailbacks (a speed limited HGV is essentially a rolling roadblock). This is something I very rarely see people doing despite it being one of the first things you learn.

I think the below video gives a good idea on just how bad a blind spot can be (worst case scenario)

youtube.com/watch?v=wzL0Kyk4m-8

All I can say is that Porsche got lucky, cannot see how he squeezed through… and your right, he’s bulker mate buggered off