Well we cannot blame the car driver for this one

Or can we
enfieldindependent.co.uk/new … y_closure/

looks like a combination of agency drivers and flipflops wandering around there.mabey he went over a bump as he was pouring the tea from the kettle.

Nah,im betting a car cut up one of the trucks and caused a concertina effect. No way a truck driver could be to blame surely? :smiley:

The-Snowman:
No way a truck driver could be to blame surely? :smiley:

No way, it’s the car driver’s fault, case closed #csitnuk:grin:

My Mrs has been driving for years and never had an accident. She’s seen bloody loads though!!!

See when you sit at around 52ish you get these herds of trucks sometimes 5-6-7 eh them all stuck to each other like glue because they are on the limiter. Then they get to you and it disrupts the flow then stuff like this is bound to happen if one of them isn’t on the ball!!

No saying that’s what happened here could be countless reasons but the commen denomination is that the travel in packs too closely.

merc0447:
See when you sit at around 52ish you get these herds of trucks sometimes 5-6-7 eh them all stuck to each other like glue because they are on the limiter. Then they get to you and it disrupts the flow then stuff like this is bound to happen if one of them isn’t on the ball!!

No saying that’s what happened here could be countless reasons but the commen denomination is that the travel in packs too closely.

Or it could have been someone pulling in too close after overtaking, or someone shooting past a truck without giving enough clearance in a narrow-lane stretch. I see all these when out driving – like the other night bringing back a tower block from Minworth; I had other 16-footers zoom past with inches to spare and people pulling in front of other trucks with just inches. Drive crazy and this is what happens.

I went through this section about half an hour before it happened and there was a car broken down in lane one, Whether that had anything to do with it I don’t know but as you know there is no hard shoulder now they’ve changed it.

Don’t matter if there all on the limiter… Its like Captain Kirk says at the beginning of Star Trek… "SPACE… the final front ear " :grimacing:

Grayham:
I went through this section about half an hour before it happened and there was a car broken down in lane one, Whether that had anything to do with it I don’t know but as you know there is no hard shoulder now they’ve changed it.

I saw that,there was 2 blokes back to the oncoming traffic merrily pushing it along in lane one,no hato anywhere to be seen,the overheads were showing 50 but no Red Cross,and in that stretch no little lay-bys to push it in to,on the way back they were dragging 3 of the trucks off sat j25 one had the roof cut off it!!!

like the way it was reported as a pile up,just looks like some lorries parked up