Who's to blame?

Found this thread on a site I occasionally venture on to:

pistonheads.com/gassing/topi … at%20fault?

His missus is trying to claim that the Volvo drove up the arse of her, moving the car sideways :unamused: , looks like she cut in and got caught out.

Look at the pictures the trucks looks like it has barely tapped the car, then surprise mext morning she wakes up serverly injured.
Another sponger trying to get a payout after a minor shunt and putting my insurance up.

Also looking at the position and damage I’d say she tried to cut into the traffic, because if she was in front of him it wouldn’t be damage to the offside of her car and nearside of his truck. The bit about her being pushed back onto the slip sounds like ■■■■■■■■ :unamused: Then there are the comments about the car must of been on the carriageway as it was straight, but you merge onto a motorway you don’t join it from right angles.
The problem with so many on pistonheads is that they think they are the greatest drivers in the World and anybody that gets in their way or trys to stop them driving like muppets is in the wrong, read all the other comments about how they were involved in a 100% other drvers fault accidents. So perfect, but must lack some sense of observation and antisipation at the very least. :imp:

Having read all the thread I am of the opinion that she crept up the inside and pulled in front of the lorry. Bearing in mind it is a 2004 vehicle I don’t think it requires the front mirror and therefore there could be a larger blind spot.

If she honestly didn’t cut in then she is one of the few that don’t. Most car drivers consider HGV’s as fair game for carving up. They have right of way at all times.

rrmm from the pictures she cut him up. if it was front to rear she would’ve had more damage done but, theres only damage done on the rear corner of the car??. Something is not right about this and i do think it was some sort of road rage or just in a hurry or make up was being done as she was driving :smiley:

mickyblue:
rrmm from the pictures she cut him up. if it was front to rear she would’ve had more damage done but, theres only damage done on the rear corner of the car??. Something is not right about this and i do think it was some sort of road rage or just in a hurry or make up was being done as she was driving :smiley:

Something isn’t right you’re not joking, There insurance took care of the repair, surely if it was the truck drivers fault they’d be chasing his insurance, but of course now they sniff a bit of a pay day, So make up an injury and go for a bit of “No Win No Fee”

Well i think its obvious really, if the truck had hit her from behind there would be damage to the whole backend but as the damage is on the drivers rear corner it means she would of come from the left of the truck to merge into the traffic. As the truck is already on the motorway then the truck has right of way. Something i get everyday, people seem to think they can just pull onto the motorway infront of a truck & that they have right of way…Wrong!!! Even if your wife was indicating it doesnt mean the truck has to give way as it would be your wifes responsibility to merge safely which it appears she hasn’t. Typical lets blame the truck driver as usual.
In my opinion cased closed!!

99 times out of 10 it’s the car drivers fault, we all know that!

When I realised it was on pistonheads I closed the tab, the people on there are just plain old chavs, with no respect for anyone but themselves or anything that they don’t own.

Yep another no win fee exploiter,at the cost of everyone else, oh my neck, can’t do this or that for weeks,total b/s they are well at it,fraud springs to my mind

She claims she was stationary for 2 minutes prior to being hit, someone should suggest that the trucks tacho is checked, if she was stationary so was he. Should put an end to it shouldnt it??

Mick

not so sure about this one, if the traffics crawling how does the wagon driver not see the car coming from his near side? could be 50/50 she’s just pulled on thinking theres a gap and i’m going for it and the hgv drivers thought stuff you, why should i brake to let you on? result is a minor bump that most people would shrug there shoulders at BUT this woman seems to think it’s like winning the lottery and has probably already booked a holiday based on the huge pay out in comp she’s gona get :unamused:

waddy640:
Having read all the thread I am of the opinion that she crept up the inside and pulled in front of the lorry. Bearing in mind it is a 2004 vehicle I don’t think it requires the front mirror and therefore there could be a larger blind spot.

If she honestly didn’t cut in then she is one of the few that don’t. Most car drivers consider HGV’s as fair game for carving up. They have right of way at all times.

A34/M40 interchange displays examples of this many times a day