Turning Left

I’m thinking here that because I can’t hear the truck’s left indicator going (no sound at all I can get here) that I can’t tell who’s fault it is.

I’m of the mind that "If he’s signalling left, the car is in the wrong, and if he’s not, the car is still in the wrong partly for undertaking (illegal) because let’s face it - where did the car think the truck was going when he pulled over to the wrong side of the road with an oncoming car that didn’t seem to be slowing down much either?

i am a bit surprised the lorry driver did not see the car and did not seem to brake. It seems like a rigid vehicle. agree with winseer, but it feels the lorry driver could have seen the car

Priest:
i am a bit surprised the lorry driver did not see the car and did not seem to brake. It seems like a rigid vehicle. agree with winseer, but it feels the lorry driver could have seen the car

Seems about right to me. Car driver pretty much at fault, but maybe better all round observation by truck driver could have avoided the impact? Shouldnt we drive more defensively and expect all other road users to be incompetent fools, who need us to protect them from themselves? Assume everyone else is an idiot and youll usually be correct.

I see…

Jay is up to his old tricks again.

719 comments! That Daily Mail sure is popular. What I always tell people whether on foot or by vehicle, If I get the chance, in this sort of situation (without a coming together) is “DON’T GET CLOSE TO A LORRY!!! you might not be seen” . Comments up to 765 in the time it takes me to type this.

Winseer:
HGV driver in Devon crashes into a car that was 'undertaking' him | Daily Mail Online

I’m thinking here that because I can’t hear the truck’s left indicator going (no sound at all I can get here) that I can’t tell who’s fault it is.

I’m of the mind that "If he’s signalling left, the car is in the wrong, and if he’s not, the car is still in the wrong partly for undertaking (illegal) because let’s face it - where did the car think the truck was going when he pulled over to the wrong side of the road with an oncoming car that didn’t seem to be slowing down much either?

The only situation in which undertaking through a junction is allowed is in the case of right turning traffic ahead.No indicator obviously means not turning right.While it’s foreseeable that moving out to the right to turn left could self cancel a left indicator.As in the case of cyclists rule 167 of the highway code applies.Why is it so difficult for so many muppets to understand such a simple essential rule of the road.

highwaycode.info/rule/167

Had a similar thing happen to me years ago, waiting at traffic lights to turn left from A58 on to A650 at Drighlington, was over to the right to make the turn and a car came up inside and he hit the trailer , policemen stood on opposite corner saw it happen, but he was held 100% at fault as he shouldn’t have been there

Franglais:

Priest:

Seems about right to me. Car driver pretty much at fault, but maybe better all round observation by truck driver could have avoided the impact? Shouldnt we drive more defensively and expect all other road users to be incompetent fools, who need us to protect them from themselves? Assume everyone else is an idiot and youll usually be correct.

Look how fast the car was travelling when it got hit. The car driver clearly wasn’t paying attention driving round the corner.