Whats the point of wearing hiviz when driving

Is it against the law,how will your boss know if you dont wear the silly thing,looks plain daft,too lazy to take the dirty greasy thing off in the cafe,or go to bed with it for elf n safety rubbish. :smiling_imp:

It makes the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  look professional when theyā€™re knocking on doors wearing shorts riggerboots and neckerchiefs-guv. :laughing:

Not a single hi viz to be seen in europe,you can tip chemical tankers wearing flip flops,cut jeans,no hard hat in euroland,bet someone on here will tell me,if i dont like it,zed bee off there then. :smiley:

Iā€™m with you on this one toby :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i walked into lincoln farm cafe last monday and there were blokes sat eating meals with hi-viz on :unamused: :unamused:
is that in case raymond canā€™t see you or is it a new elfen safety rule that all drivers must wear them at all times? i wonder if they sleep in them? :imp: :imp:

toby1234abc:
Not a single hi viz to be seen in europe,you can tip chemical tankers wearing flip flops,cut jeans,no hard hat in euroland,bet someone on here will tell me,if i dont like it,zed bee off there then. :smiley:

unfortunately not any longer, the H&S disease is turning into an epidemic, although prats who wear them on the ferry are just scruffy zbā€™s

Look at me, look at me!!!

They wont let you in some cafeā€™s now if you dont have your hi-viz on !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You still see 'em on the motorway drivin a brand new Daf/scania or whatever still in their big hi vis coats, let alone jackets. Someone needs to tell 'em that the heaters in these new fangled machines are quite affective, and do work. No draughts anymore ladsā€¦ :laughing:

I am grateful for lorry drivers wearing hi-viz. It serves as a reminder that I have left Hi Beam on when I get dazzled by them on the M4

I am sat here having my tea with just an Hi-Viz on and nowt else.

Blunder Man:
I am sat here having my tea with just an Hi-Viz on and nowt else.

My brother ā€¦ the 4.15 one off canteen has gone in to administration! You will have to do better than just a ā€˜HI-Vizā€™ matey :slight_smile:

often wondered why they still wear them myself ,what about the one that still has his gloves on holding on to the steering wheel like he is going to unscrew it.

toby1234abc:

Try that at Hoyer in Amsterdamā€¦Youā€™ll be hoofed off site!

If I took off my Hi-viz gear when driving/going into a cafe, I may get done for indecent exposureā€¦ :laughing: :laughing:
Unfortunately our uniform is Hi-Viz t-shirt n trousersā€¦
Nice to think that drivers think of me as a ā€œlook at me I am a Twuntā€ :laughing: :laughing:
Its a bit like drivers who have steering wheel knobsā€¦ :unamused: :unamused: Makes me laugh everytime I see oneā€¦power steering fellasā€¦ :wink: :wink:

Makes you invincible :sunglasses:
You can travel 1ā€™ from the truck in front instead of the usual 10ā€™

If your working on the motorways or delivering on the motorway i.e concrete / steel gantrys you have to wear hi-viz jacket and trousers,just a waist coat is not allowed.

I think its understood that some guys have to wear ā€˜Hi-\vizā€™ kit as it is part of their job and it is not feasible to remove it whilst moving from A to B. But the drivers who just put the stuff on at the beginning of their shift and donā€™t take it off until the end, be that 12, 15, 24, 36, 48, 52 or 60 hrs; :exclamation: :exclamation: is just beyond me, especially when they might have only been doing 1 hit drops & pick ups :exclamation: :exclamation:

As for ā€˜Hi-Vizā€™ not being seen in Euroland :question: Iā€™ve seen plenty of foreign registered trucks in the UK recently with their drivers wearing their smart flourescent 'ā€˜Hi-Vizā€™ jackets or waistcoats whilst plying their trade up & down the M Way system of our fair Country :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation:

Also I thought that PSV drivers had not been too affected by the ā€˜Hi-Vizā€™ virus until I was overtaken by one of them Megabus things the other night and the driver was all wrapped up in his smart looking ā€˜Hi-Vizā€™ jacket :exclamation: :question:
Maybe the heater wasnā€™t working on the coach :question: :question: so I feel a bit for the passengers but hey thatā€™s what youā€™ve got to put up with if you got your ticket for Ā£1.50 :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

toby1234abc:
Is it against the law,how will your boss know if you donā€™t wear the silly thing,looks plain daft,too lazy to take the dirty greasy thing off in the cafe,or go to bed with it for elf n safety rubbish. :smiling_imp:

No point whats so ever and i cannot see it being a legal requirement either , i think maybe just laziness , i can recall doing supermarket work through an agency, and multi drop work,i would more often keep my hi vis vest on in the cab,
but if doing euro work never would wear it unless i stopped on the motorway, or it was required at the place i was tipping /loading as for wearing in a cafe that would depend on if it was full of graphite grease or not,lol

gunnerheskey:
You still see 'em on the motorway drivin a brand new Daf/scania or whatever still in their big hi vis coats, let alone jackets. Someone needs to tell 'em that the heaters in these new fangled machines are quite affective, and do work. No draughts anymore ladsā€¦ :laughing:

one of our drivers wears two or three coats constantly (season dependant) and also has his hi-viz on over the top. :open_mouth:

Clarky:
steering wheel knobs

i canā€™t stand them, they just seem to get in the way!

toby1234abc:
Is it against the law,how will your boss know if you dont wear the silly thing,looks plain daft,too lazy to take the dirty greasy thing off in the cafe,or go to bed with it for elf n safety rubbish. :smiling_imp:

So let me get this right. Youā€™re spending more than 30 secs worried about what other people wear?..

You need to get out more.

You want me to take off my high viz polo? Moobs what does it for you? :laughing:

Well ive usually got more drops than santa, in and out of the cab all day so i just keep it on to stop customers nipping my head.