Hi vis pants

In our new uniform we are getting pants with the hivis stripes round them ,ive been thinking will do away with the vests or will they still be needed ,i will find out monday the answer but does anybody else wear them and whats their rules :question: :question:

they,ll be making us wear hi-viz undies next, the jobs getting dafter by the week, ok dockers or railway workers i can understand but why the ■■■■ would you need hi-viz trousers to drive a truck

Hi vis pants? What the hell kinda transport company do you work for? Deliver a pallet they do a ■■■■ strip off for a customer?

Well I suppose it’s a new angle on things.

i hoping by pants you mean trousers :laughing: :laughing:

if not, I’m not sure ill be wearing hi viz y fronts any time soon :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

maga:
i hoping by pants you mean trousers :laughing: :laughing:

if not, I’m not sure ill be wearing hi viz y fronts any time soon :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yea black trousers with white hivis stripes ,not boxers ,i was waiting for that one :unamused: im hoping it does away with the vest ,cant see it though ,i dont drive a bomb or anything dangerous either .

I hate wearing hi-viz anything full stop ! I’m forever getting a bollocking for not wearing them vest ,trousers,hard hat ,googles, it winds me up ! Especially when I’m delivering to a job in a field no overhead obstacles no other machines working just a site manager and me and I get “where’s your ppe” to which I reply " in accordance with my company policy a risk assessment was taken on arrival to your site and I could see no dangers that required the wearing of ppe" “smart arse” always seems to be the reply!

gickniff:
I hate wearing hi-viz anything full stop ! I’m forever getting a bollocking for not wearing them vest ,trousers,hard hat ,googles, it winds me up ! Especially when I’m delivering to a job in a field no overhead obstacles no other machines working just a site manager and me and I get “where’s your ppe” to which I reply " in accordance with my company policy a risk assessment was taken on arrival to your site and I could see no dangers that required the wearing of ppe" “smart arse” always seems to be the reply!

If the trousers make away with the vest im happy ,as soon as i get in the cab the vest is off,i cant understand the blokes who drive round all day with the vest on ,it reflects off the windscreen and just looks shabby :cry:

I made some casual observations of all truck traffic heading south on the A1 between Newcastle and Castleford the other day and 95% of the drivers were wearing a hi-viz vest or hi-viz T-shirt. :open_mouth: I never wear mine when driving and if I could have my way I wouldn’t wear one at all. Hate the things.

You heard it here first but I reckon that full sleeved/legged hi-viz will be compulsory at all tipping/loading places in the UK within the next decade and I wouldn’t be surprised if that includes having to wear goggles and hard hats too, due to unspecified “health and safety” reasons. :unamused:

seth 70:

gickniff:

If the trousers make away with the vest im happy ,as soon as i get in the cab the vest is off,i cant understand the blokes who drive round all day with the vest on ,it reflects off the windscreen and just looks shabby :cry:

Arrh that’s the point I was going to make, I can’t stand wearing it out of the cab, how the hell blokes drive around wearing the hi- viz vests or worst the bloody great jackets is beyond me ,Christ on a bike they must be breeding maggots!

I hate wearing my Hi viz but in some places I have to but soon as in cab take it off

I work for a company that believes in Adult health & safety which is nice

gickniff:

seth 70:

gickniff:

Arrh that’s the point I was going to make, I can’t stand wearing it out of the cab, how the hell blokes drive around wearing the hi- viz vests or worst the bloody great jackets is beyond me ,Christ on a bike they must be breeding maggots!

You should be glad they’re wearing them nick .9 times out 10 they’re the ones to tuck under for .its so you can see them coming !

Dan Punchard:

gickniff:

seth 70:

gickniff:

You should be glad they’re wearing them nick .9 times out 10 they’re the ones to tuck under for .its so you can see them coming !

Ha! Nice one Dan.

i never wear hi vis anything when i deliver on site because the foreman usually comes running out and i hand him the delivery note and ask him to sign it, saves looking for the ■■■■■■■■

jobseeker:
i never wear hi vis anything when i deliver on site because the foreman usually comes running out and i hand him the delivery note and ask him to sign it, saves looking for the [zb].

The best way of being seen is not to wear one :wink:

Forkie at our place is always the first to speak up.

“Where’s your hi-viz?”

“Who you talking to Kenny?”

“You, you soft arse”

“But you can’t see me!”

Forkie and truck return into warehouse. No further exchange of words.

NOVE:
Forkie at our place is always the first to speak up.

“Where’s your hi-viz?”

“Who you talking to Kenny?”

“You, you soft arse”

“But you can’t see me!”

Forkie and truck return into warehouse. No further exchange of words.

ive noticed that,its the only bit of power they have got and they make the most of it :laughing:

Not only driving with a hiviz on,they sit in the cafe wearing it.

I’ve just bought a black one!! ( vest) , Honest. Not tried it yet but someone’s bound to have a go at me.

Sure I started a tongue in cheek thread on Hi Viz trousers a while ago, so it is possible to make this stuff up and becomes reality. :slight_smile:

Wearing hi viz vest while driving is just silly (well unless your 2 minutes bewteen drops that require it), why on earth would one of us ugly buggers want to draw attention to ourselves + my hi viz is normally filthy on the back from getting inside cusrtains to put the internals on. I do keep another hi viz for best though, maybe I should wear it at me mates wedding next week.

cheekymonkey:
I’ve just bought a black one!! ( vest) , Honest. Not tried it yet but someone’s bound to have a go at me.

Most of them are black - well the ones I see on the type of driver who sits in a roadside cafe wearing it like some sort of badge of honour.
if I haven’t got enough common sense to avoid being run over by a movie get vehicle then I deserve to get hit. I bloody hate the things with a passion.
I feel sorry for the highways guys who have to wear hard hats while picking litter on the motorways when they’re working under fresh air.