Why oh why oh why?

In addition to the ‘Dear DAF’ thread, let’s have a place for all those ‘why oh why oh why’ moments we come across every day. I’ll start the ball rolling:

Why oh why oh why do drivers wear a hi-viz whilst driving?
Why oh why oh why do drivers wear a hi-viz whilst eating in a (truck)stop or services?

Why oh why oh why would you give a ■■■■ about either of the above? :laughing:

Héraultais:

:smiley:

Casper68:

Héraultais:

:smiley:

Maybe but it doe’s look prattish !!!

the nodding donkey:
Why oh why oh

:laughing: I just thought Yo Yo :wink:

I’m on the OP,s side on his point of view, driving with hiviz on looks ridiculous .
Sat in the cafe with it on, looks ridiculous .
Almost every lorry on the road now, you see a hiviz idiot sat behind the wheel like a muppet .
Before anyone says how does it affect me, what is it got to do with me what others wear, so what.

The critics of this very pertinent point clearly haven’t thought things through :unamused:
I was once eating a double whopper in an un-named MSA,whilst NOT wearing a Hi Vis.A lady passed me bearing a clearly overloaded tray,and accidentally caught my head with the corner of her tray :imp:
Not only did it really hurt…but I almost choked on my burger :open_mouth: .As a consequence,I had a sore throat as a result,and wasn’t able finish off my fries :cry:
Fortunately,I gaffer taped the carton of fries to my exhaust,which kept them warm until the next day.
Since then,my Hi Vis never leaves my side (or would that be back ?) :wink:

Why oh why oh why do the shop fitters working in my local Tesco store wear full PPE including hard hats when all they’re doing is putting up new display racks none of which are above head height, and to make them look even sillier there’s staff and customers walking around the area without any PPE whatsoever :smiley:

tachograph:
Why oh why oh why do the shop fitters working in my local Tesco store wear full PPE including hard hats when all they’re doing is putting up new display racks none of which are above head height, and to make them look even sillier there’s staff and customers walking around the area without any PPE whatsoever :smiley:

The very reason I flat out refuse to wear a lid or vest on building sites when I’m delivering to already occupied areas. You just look a toolbag for no benefit.

Oh why oh why do Freightliner Doncaster, the most Health and Safety conscious rail terminal of them all, make all the trucks that are based their blind side into a bay, then go ape when you have to take a shunt because you cross the yellow hatched area around the empty rail tracks?

Y O Y O Y, is the make up of my chromosomes…

Mock the week quote…

When oh when and why oh why .
Why does it take it take years to build new smart motorway lanes ?
When Fred down the road with a fleet of Transit vans could do the job for cash in a few weeks .
They finish a short stretch then a sign goes up to say another long term project, expect delays until Summer 2019 .
Road workers in clean Ppe not working or pretending to be working with five men watching one man sweeping up or driving a digger .
How a rare newt can stop planning or building of new projects, it’s suspicious how these newts just appear by magic .

I have no problem at all wearing hat and vest ,better to wear it than have to be told to wear it ,and why is it that those who tell you to wear a vest ect can’t ask in a polite manner ? I’d sooner always wear a hard hat than be having a cut head scrubbed prior to stiching.

why do some dress up their passenger seat in a hi-viz ?
what’s going on there? do they pretend it is a friend and talk to it?

Punchy Dan:
I have no problem at all wearing hat and vest ,better to wear it than have to be told to wear it ,and why is it that those who tell you to wear a vest ect can’t ask in a polite manner ? I’d sooner always wear a hard hat than be having a cut head scrubbed prior to stiching.

You wear your hat in the cab?? :open_mouth:

the nodding donkey:

Punchy Dan:

He drives a Foden. It’s to keep his hair dry when it’s raining! :wink:

the maoster:

the nodding donkey:

Punchy Dan:

Yes and when it’s raining :laughing:

We had to wear a Hi Viz vest when in the quarry and on sites so there seemed little point in taking it on and off in between! I wouldn’t want to wear one of those bulky coats while driving though, unless it was cold. Also a hard hat and safety glasses need to be worn when in the cab in certain quarries so it just becomes second nature and, like seatbelts, you don’t notice them after a while anyway.

Pete.

the maoster:

the nodding donkey:

Punchy Dan:

:laughing:

Bluey Circles:
why do some dress up their passenger seat in a hi-viz ?
what’s going on there? do they pretend it is a friend and talk to it?

Drivers that put giant teddy bears in the passenger seat. Makes them look like peados to me.