Why oh why oh why?

It’s a good point about these ’ pretend friends ’ starting to appear in the passenger seat.

Spoke to a chap today about this at my drop in Birmingham. I asked him why he had a Guy Fawkes dummy in his passenger seat.

He replied " FFS mate! That’s my missus…" All I could muster was " Sorry fella, seen worse though ".

Hi viz is always on. Company policy. I do multi drop so in and out of the cab. Usually standing in the road to operate the tail lift. Not a huge fan of being hit by a car in the dark at 5am

I never have to wear one, not much H&S over here but i can understand why some drivers keep them on, in and out of the cab reguarly doesnt warrant removing it each time and as for the passenger seat ‘friend’ thats a bit silly as its just a place to keep it. What some need to remember most trucks are seen by their drivers as just a work tool to earn a wage and in reality thats all they are and dont give a ■■■■ what garment is on show or the state of the truck itself dont understand why its an issue to some…

the nodding donkey:
In addition to the ‘Dear DAF’ thread, let’s have a place for all those ‘why oh why oh why’ moments we come across every day. I’ll start the ball rolling:

Why oh why oh why do drivers wear a hi-viz whilst driving?

Looks like they are being taught that way now :unamused:
I’ve seen a few driving school motors in different areas where the learner driver, the instructor and the second learner are all sat there with their hi viz vests on. :smiley:
I agree drivers wearing hi viz vests look ■■■■ ridiculous. :unamused:
Should be against the law :laughing:

Why oh why oh why… do some car drivers fly past you on the motorway when you’re happily cracking on at 56 then cut you up and slow to 50 and when you fight your way back into traffic in lane 2 to pass them…they speed up to 60 and keave you with your tackle flapping about…as if it’s perfectly normal behaviour?? Also why do they feel the need to slow to 46 prior to hitting a slip road when leaving the motorway??

the nodding donkey:
In addition to the ‘Dear DAF’ thread, let’s have a place for all those ‘why oh why oh why’ moments we come across every day. I’ll start the ball rolling:

Why oh why oh why do drivers wear a hi-viz whilst driving?
Why oh why oh why do drivers wear a hi-viz whilst eating in a (truck)stop or services?

They’re wear them whilst driving to let everyone know they are a fully paid up member of club plant pot, be patient with them and expect the un expected.

barber90:
Hi viz is always on. Company policy. I do multi drop so in and out of the cab. Usually standing in the road to operate the tail lift. Not a huge fan of being hit by a car in the dark at 5am

Get a wander lead and stand on the path :bulb:

For the heinous crime of taking off my hiviz, while sat in a Rdc waiting room for four hours, the big wig manager told me to wear it inside the waiting room.
I see National Express drivers with them on driving, must be company policy .
Oh why oh why do drivers forget to turn off their flashing orange beacons .
Not just trucks, vans going around flashing .

Why is it black or silver cars that don’t light up when it’s dark, everyone flashing them but they ignore them .?

Why do some people wear hi vis when driving their car to and from work ?

Driver examiners for cars have to wear them too why ?

Why do some car drivers indicate and move into the middle lane of a motorway for no apparent reason when you’re following them?

Cronus:
Why do some car drivers indicate and move into the middle lane of a motorway for no apparent reason when you’re following them?

I once had to car share to a regional meeting and the ■■■ who was driving did EXACTLY what his satnav told him to do. He never once reached the speed limit on the motorway and when the satnav said keep right, he kept right. In the third lane of the M6. He’d sit there eyeballing everyone behind him in the rear view mirror, as though they should know by some kind of telepathic signal that his satnav had told him to be blocking lane 3 when the other 2 were empty.

Why, when I’m parked behind a car at a level crossing do I get the urge to push them on the tracks.

Why are there SO many ‘drivers’ [often, but not exclusively] of Camper vans or caravan tow-ers… who don’t know how wide their bl##dy vehicle is?

The clue is in the title, moron, CaraVAN.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Win-Stone:
Why are there SO many ‘drivers’ [often, but not exclusively] of Camper vans or caravan tow-ers… who don’t know how wide their bl##dy vehicle is?

The clue is in the title, moron, CaraVAN.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Amen to that , 2 years ago i had my caravan written off by another caravan tower who " thought there was plenty of room" and last year i got the car written off by a goon with a 20 foot boat trailer on a sharp bend who " forgot i had the trailer on " . I’m beginning to feel victimised .

YOYOY did I say hello to the driver sat next to me the other night in Reims ■■? :unamused: :unamused: Talked about his truck most of the time… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I was looking for a piece of rope after 10 mins :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Dipper_Dave:
Why, when I’m parked behind a car at a level crossing do I get the urge to push them on the tracks.

happens to me too :smiley:

because I can’t be arsed to keep taking it off and putting it on,if I ever win the lottery I will burn anything that is Hi viz belonging to me

eagerbeaver:
It’s a good point about these ’ pretend friends ’ starting to appear in the passenger seat.

Spoke to a chap today about this at my drop in Birmingham. I asked him why he had a Guy Fawkes dummy in his passenger seat.

He replied " FFS mate! That’s my missus…" All I could muster was " Sorry fella, seen worse though ".

lol,very funny

how about this, why oh why does eddie Stobart call their wagon and drags road trains,if in Australia I can understand it, but in the UK,rather silly