You are allowed to

take your hi vis off when walking through MSA buildings you know!

Just stopped for a shower at Cherwell Valley and was frankly cringing with embarrassment at the number of lorry drivers walking around the main building like modern day hi vis warriors. Do drivers simply not care or not realise what they look like?

This post may or may not be intended as light hearted. :wink:

I have noticed this, even wearing a don’t knock me down bib while eating pie and chips at the transport cafe.
Not sure why ?
Driving with a bib is epidemic in the UK, even coach drivers wear one driving .

it’s not just lorry drivers though, I regularly see people walking home from work or even out shopping wearing high-viz, when I used to wear one I couldn’t wait to get it off :smiley:

Still, each to their own I suppose :wink:

I can forgive a driver who forgets to take it off at the end of a long shift, but it’s the ones who put them back on after a shower that freak me out :open_mouth:

Hi viz works then :grimacing:

nick2008:

unflawable logic there 10/10 :laughing:

Think I just invented a word there too :confused:

Reef:

nick2008:

unflawable logic there 10/10 :laughing:

Think I just invented a word there too :confused:

Yup, Nick does have a valid point. Maybe I should have put this in the unreasonable annoyance thread as it’s nothing to do with me, it does not adversely affect me, yet it still twists my melons!

So you didn’t have yours on, so how do you wash it without keeping it on in the shower?

nick2008:

We’ll soon have to start wearing camouflage vests in order to stand out!

Why does it bother you?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I wear mine to the pub sat evenings, elf and saftey on the way ome

Markk80:
Why does it bother you?

Self respect. (Google it).

We deliver to a lot pet shops in garden centres so have wear hi viz but it drives me nuts the no. of garden centre customers that then walk up and ask were so and so fricking dept/flower/bush is… :unamused:

I am wearing a totally different uniform to the staff but hi viz is just a universal uniform to people,its why soon as in the cab it’s chucked behind the seat.

Markk80:
Why does it bother you?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Because we’re forced to wear them every where, it won’t be long before they make us wear Red Noses, Big Long Shoes & carry a Big Yard Broom as well, to go with the rest of our Clown Outfits.

Anything more than 10 minutes down the road and hi vis comes off and wouldn’t wear it anywhere I didn’t have to. Have worn my hi vis thick winter coat into a service station before but that’s walking across a freezing windy lorry park in winter so I guess that’s allowed (hopefully because I’ll do it again anyway).

Markk80:
Why does it bother you?

It seems that it doesn’t bother you. :smiley:
I remove it as soon as I can as I have an aversion to looking a complete â– â– â– â– . :bulb:
If you are a hi viz convert have you seen these?
A must, to complete your ensemble.

images.jpg
:laughing:

I wear high viz t- shirts so have to wear them everywhere , not bothered though as they feel so much more comfortable than the shirts that a lot of firms make you wear , and so much easier than having to keep putting on / taking off high
Viz vest

the maoster:
take your hi vis off when walking through MSA buildings you know!

Just stopped for a shower at Cherwell Valley and was frankly cringing with embarrassment at the number of lorry drivers walking around the main building like modern day hi vis warriors. Do drivers simply not care or not realise what they look like?

This post may or may not be intended as light hearted. :wink:

Surely driving with a hi viz on is worse.

robroy:

Markk80:
Why does it bother you?

It seems that it doesn’t bother you. :smiley:
I remove it as soon as I can as I have an aversion to looking a complete [zb]. :bulb:
If you are a hi viz convert have you seen these?
A must, to complete your ensemble.

:laughing:

Just any excuse to get your photo on the forum :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards. John.

I’m that guy I also wear my hard hat at all times as well.