Whats the point in this?

Stopped in traffic yesterday behind a Ford Transit Connect, on the rear door it had a sign ‘THIS VEHICLE IS LIMITED TO 56MPH’.

Thats all we need, MORE vehicles cluttering up the motorways, all stuck at the same speed! Why would you limit a car-sized van to 56? Surely, it should be limited to 70, in line with the maximum allowed for a car?

I think it’s a fuel saving thing- and stops white van man knocking [zb] out of the vehicles :laughing: :laughing:
Will cause more hassle though :confused: :confused:

censor dodge removed :wink: colingl

unfortunately my bike is limited to 186 mph. i know its a bugger :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine tops out at 115 mph, but my eyeballs start rattlin well before that

only ever seen 186 in my racing days at snetterton on the backstraight. it took a lot of bottle to look down at the speedo. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: after i did that i did what everyone else does and put gaffa tape over it :blush:

only had 165 outa mine. must be a lightweight :smiling_imp:

thats plenty fast enough. ive got a duke road bike and that only does 158 top speed

joedwyer1:
thats plenty fast enough. ive got a duke road bike and that only does 158 top speed

yeah i know, it is. my mate was gutted that my 20 year old zzr blew his 5 year old r1 away. :laughing:

ha ha ha the duke is only for posing and pootling about so im not too bothered. but is is a bit slow. i have the 749 should of got the 999 but would like a 1098
the zzr used to be the fastest bike for a long time though. but 56 feels scary fast in a truck for me. but i am a newb :blush:

joedwyer1:
ha ha ha the duke is only for posing and pootling about so im not too bothered. but is is a bit slow. i have the 749 should of got the 999 but would like a 1098
the zzr used to be the fastest bike for a long time though. but 56 feels scary fast in a truck for me. but i am a newb :blush:

heh heh. 56 can be scary in a loaded truck especially an auto going downhill. that’s right joe, when it was made it was the fastest production bike in the world. supposed to be good for 175, not really got the balls to try it in case it blows up :laughing:
i would love a 1098 as well but the 20 odd grand price tag is a tad outa my league. very nice indeed though, i wanted to book a test ride at my local ducati dealer last summer but there was a two week waiting list :cry:

hammer:
Stopped in traffic yesterday behind a Ford Transit Connect, on the rear door it had a sign ‘THIS VEHICLE IS LIMITED TO 56MPH’.

Thats all we need, MORE vehicles cluttering up the motorways, all stuck at the same speed! Why would you limit a car-sized van to 56? Surely, it should be limited to 70, in line with the maximum allowed for a car?

I think you’ll find the key factor is that a transit connect isn’t a “car derived van” hence being limited

The transit connect is based on the ford fiesta chassis, but with the suitable body modifications to make it into a “useful” commercial vehicle. I can’t see why it should need to be restricted to 56mph. Was the sign written into the dirt on the back of it by a finger??

TBH I’m seeing more and more vans of all description with “limited to 56” on the back. It’s just to save on fuel, and probably gets them a discount off the fleet insurance.

I think it’s funny.
The drivers of these vans probably moaned about wagons crawling past each other.
Now they are doing it themselves :laughing: Have you seen them ?
I have , makes me chuckle every time.

We’ve had it pretty cushy for a long time, Some other european countries had seperate tests for small vans when we could drive up to 12 ton then 7.5 ton on a car licence. The 7.5 tonner didn’t need a limiter,Now it does, Now it looks like the EU buffoons are wanting limiters on all commercial vehicles no matter what size they are.

BAN ALL LIMITERS.

EBGBz:
The transit connect is based on the ford fiesta chassis, but with the suitable body modifications to make it into a “useful” commercial vehicle. I can’t see why it should need to be restricted to 56mph.

Precisely it isn’t a car derived van - a fiesta with the rear windows blanked out and no back seat is.

Legally whether it’s car derived or not is irrelevant as the speed law refers to vehicles over 3.5t which AFAIK no Transit Connects are.

See quite a few company “branded” cars have green sticker saying they are limited to 70 mph