Is there any point

why restrict a vehicle 2mph slower than the law allows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pickandmix:

why restrict a vehicle 2mph slower than the law allows

Why restrict us to 56, 4mph below what the law allows?

I agree

NO

Its almost like 56MPH=90KPH and 68MPH=110KPH, the speed limits for those vehicles in most of mainland EU and being in the EU those are what speed limiters throughout the EU are set to.

I was going to say that it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work it out but apparently it does…

What about the vans proudly declaring that they are restricted to 70mph?

We’re all restricted to 70mph, why boast about it, is it really necessary to warn other motorists that the van might actually stick to the speed limit?

My service van is limited to 72mph from the factory. Can be over ridden if needed
2014 ford transit with eco mode. (stop/start and a limiter) that can be switched off.

Conor:
Its almost like 56MPH=90KPH and 68MPH=110KPH, the speed limits for those vehicles in most of mainland EU and being in the EU those are what speed limiters throughout the EU are set to.

I was going to say that it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work it out but apparently it does…

Have a day off conor ffs
The number of times youve put your foot in it and made a ■■■ of yourself on this forum hardly entitles you to insult anyone else.

The-Snowman:

Conor:

Have a day off conor ffs
The number of times youve put your foot in it and made a ■■■ of yourself on this forum hardly entitles you to insult anyone else.

It’s not what he says, it’s the way he can’t resist being insulting… :unamused:

Stop polishing your old school prefect badge Conor, and work on your delivery if you want to get along easier.
It’s not rocket science! :grimacing:

I’d suggest the electro mechanical limiter is more reliable than the human pushing the throttle.

When speed limiters first became law in the early 90’s trucks were set a 60mph which was obviously the speed limit on motorways, I have no idea why it was then changed to 56mph, I found that dangerous.
I have a limiter on my truck here, it is set at 65mph to allow me to drive in Canada which insists on the limit, it gets embarrassing in states with higher limits such as Pennsylvania where on some roads the limit is 70.

The beauty of having a pull stop ,I would turn the key back to overtake :laughing:

Its down to mps /cylinder wall temperature relating to thermal efficiency. The most efficient use of fuel at a certain rpm is what will determine some companies max limit on certain vehicles and that van in 6th gear is likely to meet that max efficiency at 68mph…

All goods carrying commercial vehicles(VANS) are limited by law to 60 MPH whilst unladen they can do 70… whats the ■■■■■■■ deal they drop 2 mph of 70, you really wanna ■■■■■ about Martiime, Downtown and Stobarts, limiting their units to 52 (these container drivers are the lazyest bunch of ■■■■■ I know!)

gov.uk/speed-limits

EDIT, FIXED FAILED GRAMMAR FOR NODDING CLOWN

tommymanc:
All goods carrying commercial vehicles(VANS) are limited by law to 60 MPH whilst unladen they can do 70… whats the [zb] deal they drop 2mph of 70, you really wanna ■■■■■ about martime, downtown stobarts, limiting their units to 52

gov.uk/speed-limits

Is downtown stobarts the supermarket division with the plain white white units?

Conor:

i understand math you cocky prick but what does that have to do with anything as vans under 3.5t are not governed by any eu legislation

And why does the tacho tell me I’m overspeeding when doing 60 downhill? I’m saving fuel this way which is why speed limiters are set lower than the maximum permitted speed limit in the first place…! :slight_smile:

TiredAndEmotional:
And why does the tacho tell me I’m overspeeding when doing 60 downhill? I’m saving fuel this way which is why speed limiters are set lower than the maximum permitted speed limit in the first place…! :slight_smile:

Youre not speeding if youre doing 60 downhill, youre right, it saves fuel dragging up the next incline…

Conor:

You do know that it’s actually 85kmh limit for hgv’s.

weeto:

Conor:

You do know that it’s actually 85kmh limit for hgv’s.

nah it’s not as that’s only 52mph