Whats happening at READ BORDALL

Dont know if I even spelt the name right but they are recruiting in my local rag given they are Boroughbridge and I am in Pontefract they must be desperate.

bit of a hike from Ponty and unless I am mistaken they won’t pay to cover fuel cost to and from work …

I thought you’d given up on driving?

About 1990 I was speaking with a Scottish chap who was working for them. He used to travel down for his 6 days on and then go back home for 2 days off (they always used to do a ‘6 on 2 off’ rota). He also had a caravan parked at a farm just around the corner in case he was brought back to the yard during his 6 days (if you were brought back, kit out - truck handed over!!!). He said he couldn’t find work in his hometown area so he did the weekly commute.

If some one can commute from Scotland to Boroughbridge I guess Pontefract isn’t too far!!

:confused:

marcustandy:
If some one can commute from Scotland to Boroughbridge I guess Pontefract isn’t too far!!

The agency I’m with have drivers who come down from Scotland to London Colney along with one or two from Spain and one from Bulgaria (he’s British) so I guess compared to that Ponty would be ‘just down the road.’ :wink:

think its the way of the world now,most of my neighbours commute to london, nottingham etc, etc. in my old job we had very few drivers who were local[lived in the town ] most travalled 30+ each way to work

Ponte to Boroughbridge is under 35 miles and over 90% of that is on the M62 or A1M so it’s not that big a commute really - should only take you 45min or so which these days is nothing. I live between Malton and Driffield and I’m about to set off to drive 40 miles to do a shift at Tradeteam in Tadcaster which is 40 miles each way and will take me about 50 minutes.

Paul

I heard they were setting up a depot in Tamworth, North Birmingham as well, anyone heard this?

there was roumers that a compant from tamworth where closing so it might be that one there taking over, maybe peters food service or which ever name there under now as its changed so much… another big coporate buy out maybe.

innovate are suppost to be taking morrisons w/h over when they move out , as for peters food service , they were bought by glambia food service who were bought by brakes ,

As RB were advertising for NIGHT drivers in Grimsby and paying £6.50 per hour, im suprised they have any drivers.

Mind you you get a big shiny FH or Scania so cab rats love it.

Edward Teller:
As RB were advertising for NIGHT drivers in Grimsby and paying £6.50 per hour, im suprised they have any drivers.

Mind you you get a big shiny FH or Scania so cab rats love it.

Yeah Ponty might be just up the road compared to someother places but at £6.50 per hour In my opinion and it is only my opinion £6.50 IS a ■■■■ take.

And before the PC brigade start I know everyones circumstances are different,and I think they (Read Bordall) will struggle in this area there are plenty other options.

But hey if thats what you have to do tom make ends meet then Respect.

MrFlibble:

Im not Mr F just nosey

well apart from the odd “can you help us out were desperate for a sat sun driver” KERCHING :laughing:

holliefabbabe:
innovate are suppost to be taking morrisons w/h over when they move out , as for peters food service , they were bought by glambia food service who were bought by brakes ,

peters brought glanbia

thecoder0:

MrFlibble:

well apart from the odd “can you help us out were desperate for a sat sun driver” KERCHING :laughing:

I’ve just had a weekend like that. Bristol Rovers played at Wembley on Saturday, and Yeovil Town played there on Sunday. Unsurprisingly, there wasn’t a surplus of drivers willing to work the BH weekend… :wink:

If you dig about on older posts you will find one from David? giving details of the pay and conditions - I went to see them earlier in the year but walked away as their was no guarenteed hours for part timers(which is what i wanted) + the rate was rubbish. I was getting better from the agency.

Tamworth may be north of Brum but it aint North ~Birmingham

ok tony near enough

this is the link to more info

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21727&highlight=reed+bordall