Reed Boardell

I know its been done to death but does anyone have some “up to date” info on this company, wages conditions etc. If anyone on here works for them could you pm me please.

I’m thinking of giving them a try although unsure about the distance (not on my end though I’m doing 350 miles a week on agency)

basically fed up of agency and looking for full time

Deleted

Well I start my first shift with them in the transport office today starting my first months trial, I couldn’t tell you about drivers wages but they seemed nice folk to work with and they gave me the chance with no experience as they took my enthusiasm over the no/little experience part so I can’t grumble about them too much yet.

If i’m not mistaken the drivers are on a 4 on 4 off system or if it works similar to nights/days in the office it’s mon - friday on days and 4 on 4 off on nights. Plus I read somewhere trampers don’t have their dedicated lorry and are swapping lorries each week not sure how true that is though.

Sorry I can’t be of anymore help than that,

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I should be careful and get the firms name correct if writing to them,to avoid any embarrasment!
I think it’s Reed Boardall you mean,Bordell or Bordello is a knocking shop!

jonnytruckfest:
Plus I read somewhere trampers don’t have their dedicated lorry and are swapping lorries each week not sure how true that is though.

That has always been the case with the exception of some of the lifers. If you’re a tramper and your wagon is needed you get put up in B&B. Best to make sure you can’t quite make it to the yard or have sufficient hours that they send you back out again.

its not 4 on 4 off for drivers or mon to fri at all there is a complete wide variety of shifts to suit everyone

Anyway im one the euro channel hopper trampers at rb
So semtex pm me with any questions u may have n ill help where i can

GAZLEEDS:
its not 4 on 4 off for drivers or mon to fri at all there is a complete wide variety of shifts to suit everyone

Nice to see you at the co op again one day ill say hello. It was me that flashed you out at the gate.

Haha nice one cheers for that
Stupid kaktros auto box was throwing a wobbly n cudnt decide wat gear it wanted hence why looked like i was takin ages to move lol

GAZLEEDS:

Was told today that the Euro trampers have the actroses due to a better deal regarding breakdown cover against Volvo, not sure how true it is but something a driver told me. But I can agree that there are a variety of shifts, whether its Monday - Friday, 5 on 3 off, 4 on 4 off, night tramping, days, nights. And RB have just had a brand new FH delivered yesterday and was getting the name put on the door. Looked very smart indeed :sunglasses:

Cheers

All the new shape volvos comin on euro work

Good to know :smiley: I did hear one driver ask whose the blue eyed boy getting it then :unamused: But it certainly got people talking in the office. Assuming they will be replacing the actros’s?

Cheers

Didn’t know they did Euro work :open_mouth: what’s the wage like on Euro work? Is there any Euro work going?

Sane as all other drivers wage n the waiting list as long as ur arm to get on it

It’s probably the closest place to me that does Euro work,might have to keep it in mind for future reference :slight_smile: are Euro lads away 2-3 week like most of them?

I heard 100 new volvos ordered by a RB driver.
Nice motors

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
It’s probably the closest place to me that does Euro work,might have to keep it in mind for future reference :slight_smile: are Euro lads away 2-3 week like most of them?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

The closest to you asumming you in barnsley.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Brucey106:
I heard 100 new volvos ordered by a RB driver.
Nice motors

Does his boss know about this :question: :exclamation: :open_mouth:

jessicas dad:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

The closest to you asumming you in barnsley.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yeah I’m talking about the yard at Boroughbridge.

I was passed by a 13 plate RB Volvo FH yesterday… Old shape.

Wonder if there will be brand new, new and old FH’s?

80 brand new shape volvos om order