Reed Boardell

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

jessicas dad:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
It’s probably the closest place to me that does Euro work,might have to keep it in mind for future reference :slight_smile: are Euro lads away 2-3 week like most of them?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

The closest to you asumming you in barnsley.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yeah I’m talking about the yard at Boroughbridge.

Well I can think off at least 6 before you halfway to Boroughbridge, and not putting the lads on reedies down I wouldnt really call it european work as such as they are pretty much out on one boat and back on the next.

Well I can think of 6 in south Yorkshire!
Do I win a prize??

Jack-knife:
Do I win a prize??

6 company’s in South Yorkshire that do European work■■? Name em then cos I can’t.

63 New volvos coming, 30 with fridges fitted and large fuel tanks for the european job.(most of it channel hopping but also go to nantes and paris)

Job is easy if you keep you head down and get on with it, sometimes you start at 01.00 others 09.00. Money is average for the area but is always in your bank every week without fail.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Jack-knife:
Do I win a prize??

6 company’s in South Yorkshire that do European work■■? Name em then cos I can’t.

I wouldn’t name them… Jobs might go from the other guys that know the names…

Dont TAP Freight at Carlton?

Tap Fright do but it’s mainly ADR work in IBC’S down to Germany I think then groupage back.

There’s also BY International in Fetherstone but I think that’s mainly a dead mans shows job,all his trucks are left hookers and I think their lads do upto 6 week away.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
There’s also BY International in Fetherstone but I think that’s mainly a dead mans shows job,all his trucks are left hookers and I think their lads do upto 6 week away.

Dead mans shoes I ment! :unamused:

jonnytruckfest:
Well I start my first shift with them in the transport office today starting my first months trial, I couldn’t tell you about drivers wages but they seemed nice folk to work with and they gave me the chance with no experience as they took my enthusiasm over the no/little experience part so I can’t grumble about them too much yet.

If i’m not mistaken the drivers are on a 4 on 4 off system or if it works similar to nights/days in the office it’s mon - friday on days and 4 on 4 off on nights. Plus I read somewhere trampers don’t have their dedicated lorry and are swapping lorries each week not sure how true that is though.

Sorry I can’t be of anymore help than that,

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

+1 ,always been nice and friendly whenever I’ve been in there for a back haul

Quickmission ive seen them in Belgium, tap freight, yeardleys is 3 weeks away, redhead bradford week at a time, maru week at a time, devanneys week at a time, bradtrans week at a time, eurovision hull I dont know about and neil and brown I dont know much about.

Marsh freight In dewsbury as well.

If I wanted euro work I’d go an extra 10 mins up the road past reed boardall and go to nidd transport.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Sorry for the hijack but how long has BY had Rumo plated Magnums??

Wot about delaneys of Leeds!!!

Jack-knife:

I haven’t heard off them but know devanneys in leeds. :wink:

Jack-knife:

LOL

Ben9:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Sorry for the hijack but how long has BY had Rumo plated Magnums??

Sure most of their units are DAF XF’S and Volvo Globetrotters ain’t seen no Magnums,could be wrong though.

thats not a Volvo - This is a Volvo lol

Worked for these ■■■■■ for almost a year great if you want bending over left right and centre they think nowt of starting you at 0100 Monday 0800 Tuesday 0200 Wednesday trampers don’t get their own motor unless like Gary you slurp from the hairy straw these pricks think its ok for you to get a motor for the week following on from some polish scruff who ■■■■■■ in bottles and spuffs all over the bed by Tuesday you just get it in a liveable condition then your back to the yard with 5 or 6 hours to play with and hey ho they can better utilise your newly valeted truck so clear all your gear out bang it all in the car and pray you don’t get a night in the flea infested anchor b&b on karaoke night cross your fingers and hope for a night in the black bull but oh no one of the old motors that has been off the road and never been cleaned since new is in the corner bunk up into that for the night then start again tomorrow another motor another polish ■■■■■■■ another ■■■■ soaked bed luckily this time no ■■■■■

In a nutshell a lovely place to work 73 hrs and five overnights pays roughly 523 pw after tax but if they take your last weeks wages due to an unfortunate moment behind the wheel after a weeks sleep depravation just take a truck ransom they pay cash

I wouldn’t ask my worst enemy to go there mind canny if you start with no experience