Harris transport ,nr southampton

hi all,
does anybody know anything about their pay etc, please,cheers.

I don’t know anything bout the pay and conditions, but i do know the drivers are a great set of lads, and the vehicles are tidy and all kept up together, mainly dafs and a few volvo’s. Hope this is of some help mate :smiley:.

thanx anyway youngwithaclass1,
im starting to think now that moneys not the be all and end all anyhow .
if youre working with decent gear and decent people i think that makes up for it a bit ,cos ive just about had enough of flogging my guts out everyday .i get good money but its more or less cos we are labourers 1st and drivers secondary and its starting to get me down and affect my health now im not a young man anymore and it gets harder everyday.
i dont know of any jobs there but am trying to find out a bit about local firms to see if its worth my while going and speaking to them.
thanks once again mate.

Been there had the T-shirt …A long story but never again will I work there. :imp:
They run a sattelite opperation up north in pawsons yard around the corner from the stockyard, which a mate runs it for them.
Which is how I got involved with them. The yard was originally down on meadowbank road rotherham close to shopping centre, until they got robbed of the diesel by some tealeaf. So they moved to pawsons yard and was there several months before someone decided to apply for a change of opperating centre. which says a little about them sailing close to the wind.
1 of my spats with the traffic office was when they ran me down to Totton, parked me up, then decided to down plate the truck while re-taxing it, only for them to insist it was legal for me to display a photocopy of the tax disc in the window. Needless to say the following morning I drove the truck back up north, pulled my card, loaded the car up with my gear, and got the hell out of dodge.
Don`t be supprised to get weekended away from home just so they can have you where they need you monday morning. I was stood 1 weekend in the yard at totton with little or no facilities. They used to have a high tun over of drivers at 1 time. In fact if you go into any of the pubs in Totton someone in there will tell you they once worked for Harris

calebs gramps:
its more or less cos we are labourers 1st and drivers secondary and its starting to get me down and affect my health now im not a young man anymore and it gets harder everyday.

Then Harris ain`t for you, they like to stack up the tallboys with boxes of stuff only for you to have to handball em to the customers premises

Oh right ,
thanx very much for that PEIRRE think i might look elsewhere in that case mate,cheers again.