what to take?

Got my first full time job doing scottish work and will be away a couple of nights a week…just wondering what people take with them i am already taking a sleeping bag just not sure what else to take…

Any help■■?

A detailed map of Scottish and a padlock on yer sporran

Don’t forget to try the local cuisine - deep fried pizzas are fantastic!

:slight_smile:
Plenty of suggestions on this previous thread for you :

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=47279

:sunglasses:

Zetorpilot:
Don’t forget to try the local cuisine - deep fried pizzas are fantastic!

You read my mind thats what im having for my tea tonight :laughing: :laughing:

Deesider:
:slight_smile:
Plenty of suggestions on this previous thread for you :

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=47279

:sunglasses:

Cheers Deesider… :wink:

suntan oil south of inverness thermals north of :laughing:

You will need to change your money, as we don’t accept that English stuff. :smiley: :smiley:

Hectors-dad:
You will need to change your money, as we don’t accept that English stuff. :smiley: :smiley:

Thats OK fae Fife anyway :laughing:

spare liver

Of course, if you really want to go the whole hog, you could get into self catering and self- sufficiency like me. Then you will have a truck filled with…

Two pillows, quilt, doss bag as bottom sheet, teddy bear…high viz waterproof jacket, hard hat, gloves, spare gloves, hi-viz vest…two scaff bars of varying weight, clawhammer, crowbar, bit of welding rod pulled out of a skip just handy for jammed integral ratchets, plastic bottle for filling radiator and screenwash up…big bag of clothes and undies sufficient for fresh every day and a couple of changes if I get covered in grease/dirt or soaked through…day box with huge quantites of babywipes, stove, deod, body spray, shoe spray, coffee, kettle, coffeemug, toothmug, kitchen towel…big box containing 50-plus A-Zs covering 90% of the UK (the rest are out on loan at various times)…another box with pan, chopping board, cutlery, sharp cooking knife, freezer bags, spare mug…spare gas cans, washbag with towels of various sizes, shampoo, shower gel, women’s exfoliating scrubby thing, armpit razors, pumice stone…laundry bag hung up in corner…two big scatter cushions and one small one for comfort of an evening…screwdrivers of various sizes, spare airbrake winding key, bulbs of all shapes and sizes, gaffer tape, insulation tape, cable ties, various ratchet straps and ratchets…shower shoes (flip flops)…water supplies for washing, cooking, drinking etc., couple of bottles of pop, various tins and packets of edibles for when my fridge gets empty towards the end of the week, cereal bars for snacking, spare supplies of kitchen towel…proper chinese-style noodles plus a spare pack, spares of coffee, toothpaste, deod, body spray, etc…seals (bolt and strip), first aid kit, telly and voltage dropper, E45 cream, supplies of just about every over-the-counter medicine known to man, blank collection notes, tachos, tacho envelopes, spare timesheets, defect book, “female” supplies, truck manual, fuel card directory (3 years out of date), fuel card, pens, hairbrush, toothpaste and brush, stanley knife, chewing gum, spare rizlas and baccy and lighters (lots of), ketchup sachets, phone and charger, cab phone plumbed in, cb which I still haven’t got round to plumbing in…fridge full of fruit, fresh pasta and sauces, freshly cooked and chopped chicken, bread rolls (in a panini phase at the moment) and couple of pots of deli-fillings, marge, tomatoes, other nice edible stuff…special pressure cushion for sitting on when driving…washing up stuff…various kids photos, drawing, valentines cards, business cards, chemical works passes, mascots and trinkets tucked in the headlining or stuck to the walls or hanging off various places…warm coat…spare safety boots for when my main pair give me blisters…a month’s supply (for a normal person, lasts me about a week) of paperback books…fire extinguishers inside and out, set of ladders strapped on catwalk, ADR gloves just in case. Haven’t actually got ADR, like, but you never know…

I think that’s all of it. :blush:

Moral of story. No matter how big a cab you get, you will fill it, so keep it as simple as you can for as long as you can else you’ll end up like me and clearing the truck out for MOT will be a major removals exercise…Plus when you have to make it fit for someone else to drive during your week off you’ll have to spend an hour negotiating with your fleet manager to just stash most of it because it won’t actually fit in your car… :blush: :blush: :blush:

Lucy - are you sure you’re not overweight on your front axle? :laughing:

So thats the reason Lucy doesnt want a new truck. It will take her a month to move :smiley:

My truck is empty at the moment but I cant get in my car. I just transfer stuff between the two :stuck_out_tongue:

Im on holiday in November so I have to start sorting the stuff out and condense it into 17 bin liners