What to take for a night out?

I have not long started full time class 2 work and i have been told to get some overnight gear in the cab incase i have to stay out and i was just wondering what to take.

I have just been and got a decent sleeping bag and pillow so thats the sleeping side of things sorted now onto the eating side of things any tips on decent easy meals to take ?

I am thinking about getting a little 24v oven too so any recommendations on that would be appreciated.

so to summarise I’m just looking for any general advice at all with regards to nights out, thank you.

Kyle2643:
I have not long started full time class 2 work and i have been told to get some overnight gear in the cab incase i have to stay out and i was just wondering what to take.

I have just been and got a decent sleeping bag and pillow so thats the sleeping side of things sorted now onto the eating side of things any tips on decent easy meals to take ?

I am thinking about getting a little 24v oven too so any recommendations on that would be appreciated.

so to summarise I’m just looking for any general advice at all with regards to nights out, thank you.

Depends how often you expect to be out all night, if it’s once in a while when you get held up I’d keep as little as possible in the cab, a change of clothing, basic washing/hygiene stuff, and basic bedding.

There’s no point in having a cab full of gear for one night out every few months.

If it’s going to be several nights a week you’ll want a bit more comfort.

Roughly how often are you expecting to be on nights out ?

I’m really not sure having just started my assumption though would be about once a fortnight

Milk powder for tea and coffee as fresh milk goes rancid unless you have a fridge.
Foam ear plugs for noisy lay bys.
Lidl and Aldi do good quality cans like chicken in white sauce,chicken sweet and sour sauce,rice pudding,noodles and so on.
Camping shop for a small gas cooker.
Box of medicines, headache pills and so on.
Hand steriliser.
Basic tool box or kit to do simple repairs.
Battery jump up cables for flat batteries.
Reading material for sitting around.
It may be 80`s naff, but a bum bag for all the bank cards,fuel cards, money, and so on when you leave the cab.
Contact numbers for 24 hour breakdown and tyre call outs.

Toby !!! FFS … have you suffered a light brain injury?? You don’t need all that ■■■■■ on a night out …Quite frankly if you have to ask what to take with you perhaps a career change os on order. Or at least take wet wipes !:grin::grin::grin:

Is anyone gonna mention the obligatory gentlemens literature?
Or does that go without saying? :sunglasses:

I didn’t mean it like I need someone to tell me what to take or I’m going to end up going with a spatular and a pepper grinder you clown just wondering if anyone had and tips or tricks you would not think of off the top of your head

Towing hook fitted to your car for a trailer full of the night out gear.

toby1234abc:
…a bum bag.

:laughing: