What should I be taking with me?

I’m starting my new job Monday, first HGV job obviously otherwise I probably wouldn’t be asking this question lol

Basically, what do I need to buy to take with me?

A list of what I would probably need will be helpful, the job is going to consist of days and nights (out) I’m struggling to find a happy medium of what I should be taking to suit both.

Any recommendations will be appreciated, cheers!

:bulb:

Go on to the ’ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS’ forum.

Scroll down a bit and click on the post ’ NIGHTS OUT - What should I take ? ’

:sunglasses:

A good guide here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90870&p=1305146#p1305146

Ear plugs, kitchen roll, paracetamol, cable ties, spare bulbs, basic tools, plus loads more.

A spare fifth wheel just in case

Then you’ll find most of it wont be used, so try sticking to the basics and then work out what you need.

Daytime I’d say headache pills, babywipes and kitchen roll / blueroll plus several carrier bags for rubbish. Nights add sleeping bag and more babywipes for washing. Oh and some small lucoxade bottles as they easy to use to remove liquids when you not near a toilet.

Just remember whats in the Lucozade bottle…As it looks the same…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Haha cheers lads, went out today bought few bits for Monday, I’ve just got the basics for now, and I’ll buy things as I need them but one last question, I wanted to take a small selection of basic tools, just incase, What would you recommend?

These threads remind me of Bruce Forsyth and The Generation Game, give us a twirl Anthea and the game show players win the contents of the cheap tat on the moving conveyor belt .
The cuddly toy, teasmade machine, coffee percolater, then Bullseye with 321 hand gestures, someone always won a speedboat.

Unorthodox:
Haha cheers lads, went out today bought few bits for Monday, I’ve just got the basics for now, and I’ll buy things as I need them but one last question, I wanted to take a small selection of basic tools, just incase, What would you recommend?

Maybe a torx set, a couple of different screwdrivers, penknife, cable ties, electrical tape perhaps.

The one thing with a 1000 uses

Gaffe tape
Holds almost everything in place I’ve even used it as plasters

Well if you’re a Newbie and this if your first gig, maybe these! :wink:

Happysack swears by em! :laughing:

Best of luck pal! :smiley:

No joke but take a big bottle with a P written on the side. Nothing worse than being caught short on the road or in traffic busting for a pee

Nighthawk.:
No joke but take a big bottle with a P written on the side.

Yep and thats why they put bunks into most trucks too (bit of privacy), although do be careful not to create a vacuum at the top of said bottle. There are a surprising lack of laybys on Britains roads when you need them.

Oh and yeah, writing on it or putting the bottle in a special place does help. Even worse if you’ve got apple juice!

Old fabric softener bottles make great pee bottles. Nice wide neck, a handle, and it’s (crucially!) a lot bigger than your bladder!