what do you think

done a delivery today to a shop in lymm, after having donw six drops, first time doing this store and it was a bightmare, defnitly didnt need it on a saturady evening with the rain and wind belting it down, anyway the store is terrible to get in to as ne of the someerfield guys will know on here. loads of parked cars and bust stops, you have to reverse in of the main road. found it very hard to get in especially because of one parked car right on the corner of weere i have to reverse in to. any way i managed to get in with allot of shunting and the help of the local police. when i had finished the car was still parked there and it is on double yellow lines. was very close to the car when pulling out and there is a brick wall in front, i couldnt get out with the car parked tere, but there was a woman in the passenger seat, so i put my window down and tell her that she will have to get the car moved, just at this point the driver of the car comes out of the shop with her hands full of shopping bags, and i say to her that she shouldnt be parked there cause it is double yellow lanes, at this point she holds up a disabled badge and says she has every right to be parked tere( dont know if you can do this cause you have a disabled badge) she came out of the shop with her hands loaded eoth bags, didnt look to disabled to me and whts more the police didnt even giver a ticket so maybe she is allowed to park there, what you all think.

northernirishinlpool:
done a delivery today to a shop in lymm, after having donw six drops, first time doing this store and it was a bightmare, defnitly didnt need it on a saturady evening with the rain and wind belting it down, anyway the store is terrible to get in to as ne of the someerfield guys will know on here. loads of parked cars and bust stops, you have to reverse in of the main road. found it very hard to get in especially because of one parked car right on the corner of weere i have to reverse in to. any way i managed to get in with allot of shunting and the help of the local police. when i had finished the car was still parked there and it is on double yellow lines. was very close to the car when pulling out and there is a brick wall in front, i couldnt get out with the car parked tere, but there was a woman in the passenger seat, so i put my window down and tell her that she will have to get the car moved, just at this point the driver of the car comes out of the shop with her hands full of shopping bags, and i say to her that she shouldnt be parked there cause it is double yellow lanes, at this point she holds up a disabled badge and says she has every right to be parked tere( dont know if you can do this cause you have a disabled badge) she came out of the shop with her hands loaded eoth bags, didnt look to disabled to me and whts more the police didnt even giver a ticket so maybe she is allowed to park there, what you all think.

A disabled badge does not allow you to park willy nilly on double yellows. You can rest assured had one of the residents complained about YOU being parked on double yellows then the copper would have given you a ticket. Personally i would of parked the truck up against the drivers door so she couldn;t get in the car. Said i can’t move, i’m stuck and let them climb over the passenger seat to get in and move it!!

I have a friend who is disabled (two false legs) when I take him out put his
disabled cards on the windscreen and am allowed to park on double yellow lines but only if he is in the car. Maybe the passenger was disabled.

Well, technically she is allowed to park there as long as there is not a loading restriction (you can’t park with a badge if there is a loading restriction). However, you are not supposed to park where you will cause an obstruction.

If it was clear that she was causing an obstruction, then no, she shouldn’t be parked there, but would probably get away with it.

I agree with you whole-heartedly that she could, and should have parked more thoughtfully, however, I do have pick you up on the not looking disabled bit. You can be disabled with a heart complaint for example, not all disabilities mean you walk with a limp!

I completely sympathise with you on the rest though, I started another thread, as you know, on a similar vein, but I hit the car! So well done for manouvering round her!

If she was able t o carry a couple of shopping bags she was not that disabled that she could not have parked her car without causing an obstruction

ALL disabled badges should be revoked with immediate effect,until the person can prove that they need it.

As has been said,they are given out all too easily,and some people have them when they don’t need them.Various newspapers have done articles on people who are supposedly not been able to walk,and then seen lugging suitcases around,and the like,and there’s nothing wrong with them.

Ken.

Quinny:
ALL disabled badges should be revoked with immediate effect,until the person can prove that they need it.

As has been said,they are given out all too easily,and some people have them when they don’t need them.

Ken.

Too right - I have a neighbour like that. I can always tell when he’s off for a medical appointment as he will have a walking stick. At all other times he’s running around like a spring chicken - up and down ladders and the like…sheer mockery of the system :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: