Another complaint today!

I seem in 2015 to have gained an uncanny knack of ■■■■■■■ members of the public off.
This actually started on New years eve when delivering to a Tesco Express in Macclesfield-reversing into the car park and a Freelander is parked on the yellow keep clear hatch lines right in front of the wooden gates. Upon getting out of the cab,a woman approaches me and tells me Ive blocked her in and that I MUST move. Obviously I told her that she should not be parked there etc.and refused to move the truck. Tossco mgr comes out and tells me to move. Same answer etc. Complaint to my TM.

Martin McColls in Congleton-I have to park across 3 disabled spaces so as not to block the car park and still make the delivery. Irate member of public giving me loads about how s**t I am. Complaint to my TM. (2 weeks ago).

Today-Tesco Express in Ashton. Had to reverse in and blocked a disabled space in doing so(no choice very tight). Woman (not disabled) in Audi A1 moaning shes now blocked in. Some bloke comes over and starts giving me loads. I explained that its got nothing to do with him and if he has so much time on his hands,maybe consider voluntary work. Knob starts filming me with his phone and asks for my name as he is going to make a complaint to my company. Another complaint to my TM!

TM now getting sick of me in his office. Ive only been doing this class 2 lark for just under 12 months. Anyone else having nightmares■■?

member of public. … :open_mouth:

Didn’t know Dozy had changed username

turn up park out side photo problem tell manager that as per safe systems of work you cant make the delivery .

Good advice Nick. I went through a phase of photos and reports of tricky deliveries when I got back to the depot,but tbh the company I work for don’t seem to give a toss. It is a case of ‘Get it done-handball if required etc’. Fed up with the hassle,currently doing class 1 lessons.

It just seems to me that most of these small shops are not designed to take deliveries off lwb 18 tonners.

If you are delivering to Tescos then they have risk assessments to tell you where to park for deliveries. If this is over disabled bays then so be it. If not and you cant get to the delivery point call the RDC and tell them. Simple. Any complaints after that are not your problem.
Either that or ask them where they work because your going to come to THEIR workplace and harass them and stick your nose in when their trying to do their job and see how they like it. That should put their gas at a peep. Either that or you’ll get a good argument out of it. Not that I like a good argument of course… :smiley:

No offence, but, have you ever thought about a little bit of patience, all these complaints have come from different people, so who’s wrong ? (All of them or you ?) we all know members of the public can be a PITA, but if you block some one in & you haven’t even started unloading yet, it’ll only take seconds to let them out, then every ones happy & you can get on with your unloading.
Seems to me that you are adding fuel to the fires by refusing to move, if you are halfway through unloading, that’s a different matter, but most of these people are only popping into the convenience stores for a couple of minutes.
I agree with you that they shouldn’t be parked in the way, but that’s life & we’re only on this planet for a short time so it’s best if we all get along.

Snowman-you are quickly becoming one of my faves!! Good advice from you. Martinviking,i appreciate that you are not wanting to offend. You are probably right regarding my patience lol.

However people who park in disabled spaces and who are fortunate to be in good health are scum. I used to push my mother around in her wheelchair and it boils my ■■■■ to see scum in disabled bays.

Park as close as possible to the delivery point, let them tell you where to park for unloading, comply with instructions…if you have a written delivery schedule comply fully, cars parked in way, let the delivery point sort it out, no co-operation from them, phone in for instructions, there’s no doubt gaffers of all levels coming out your ears, they get paid to make decisions so let them earn their money.

When some bleached blond who can’t manage to fit her gaylander/ewok in a normal car park (nor can afford the 50p parking charge) wants to get out, again ask for instructions, comply, if it takes 2 hours to deliver 2 pallets so what.

THEY like us as just drivers (and are not afraid to tell us so in many cases), so do exactly that, just drive and do exactly as they (note names) tell you, when it all goes ■■■■ up its their pigeon, not yours.

martinviking:
… we all know members of the public can be a PITA, but if you block some one in & you haven’t even started unloading yet, it’ll only take seconds to let them out, then every ones happy & you can get on with your unloading…

The woman in the Freelander was illegally parked, so he had every right to block her in.

Sir LANs-a-lot:

martinviking:
… we all know members of the public can be a PITA, but if you block some one in & you haven’t even started unloading yet, it’ll only take seconds to let them out, then every ones happy & you can get on with your unloading…

The woman in the Freelander was illegally parked, so he had every right to block her in.

Illegally parked in a private car park? Please show me where that’s enforcable in law.

It sounds like the OP is on a crusade to highlight other peoples wrongs because HE personally doesn’t agree with them.
We had it all the time when I worked on the buses. There was a certain element of drivers that would see a car parked in a bus stop. Instead of pulling alongside, loading/unloading passengers and continuing on their way, they would sit blocking the road with their hand on the horn until the driver finished shopping and came and moved the car.
Coincidentally, these drivers were the ones who found the job stressful and wondered why they struggled to run to schedule.
I will never understand people who go out of the way to make their own life more difficult than it needs to be.

As Martin said, most of the examples sound like you had only just arrived and before you started unloading, flatly refused reasonable requests from the drivers and made a simple situation difficult.

m1cks-thankyou for your contribution(along with all other posters).

The purpose of the post was to try and see if class 2 multi-drop cage work presented other members similar issues. But you have helped me in two ways ; 1. “Car park crusader” never thought of it that way. Absolutely love that tag. (Off to buy a cape) 2.Can now cancel my physcological assessment tomorrow.

As they say ‘every little helps’
You’re welcome :slight_smile:

m1cks:
We had it all the time when I worked on the buses. There was a certain element of drivers that would see a car parked in a bus stop. Instead of pulling alongside, loading/unloading passengers and continuing on their way, they would sit blocking the road with their hand on the horn until the driver finished shopping and came and moved the car.

Dont know what bus company you worked for but I worked for First and there were plenty drivers like that worked for them too. I just moved alongside and opened the doors to let everyone on/off. The funniest thing I ever saw was at a stop at George Square,Glasgow where an old woman(about 80yrs old) getting off and there was a car in the bus stop(one of those layby ones that motorists think are parking spaces as long as your hazards are flashing) and went right up to the guy in the car and started waving her brolly and farmfoods bag like a maniac at him and shouting “This is a bus stop. You arnt a bus. Are you blind? Are you stupid?” I was knotting myself. All 5’ 2" of her,about 6st soaking wet giving this shaven headed bloke pelters. The poor guy was terrified and slinking so far in his seat he was almost on the carpet!

Maybe you should be a bit more patient the environment you are working in is like this you are expected to wait and operate your truck in a safe way I would not have your attitude as I belive some one is a bit of a ticking time bomb perhaps on edge it’s not hard to not ■■■■ people off just take your time and be courteous towards the clients customers after all the end line is they spend cash in that shop that effectively pays for you wages

Members of the public will always to be quick to complain and never quick to compliment I would suggest you try your best to deal with complaints as best you can as whilst folks might get annoyed with you and give out they must be pretty mad afterwards to go to the bother of lifting the phone and speaking to your manager, if you can rectify yourself then your boss won’t know. If you get too many complaints youll end up with no job and that aint much use.
Personally I have just started multidrop and its bloody hard work in and out stopping and starting and always looking for where the customers drop off point is. I’m finding im late home most days and its because at the min when I go somewhere new I stop walk in and tell the customer im new to here would you mind telling me where your deliveries normally come in. keeps everyone sweet plus lets them know your a newbie so will hopefully be nice to you. I know it adds on time but the next time your back at that same delivery you will know where to go.

If you have to block spaces when you park you have to, tesco have maps telling you where to park but as always its never that easy, cars taxis or buses skips you have to make the best, if it looks like you might have blocked someone in go over apologise and say you will be as quick as possible its the first time there.
Poundland are the same we do a shop in bulwell, shop front tip theres a lay by outside the shop but theres a disabled spot in the lay by and we get a ticket if we park there so we have to pull on the pavement put all the unit and 33ft trailer on the pavement,people have to walk in the road to get past and you get called most things but we just tell em its the council stopping us using the lay by.

Above all keep your cool going off at people wont get you anywhere probably the difference between people having a moan and thinking right miserable driver im going to ring his gaffer.

Jeff

saw the best one this morning at tesco parking on the zebra crossing infront of the store not even putting the hazards on just locking up and of to do some grocery shopping. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

As they say very little helps

Try bus driving, you can rack up more complaints than that in a day :laughing: :laughing: