Its not easy in retail

first off excuse the photos they were took on my phone :open_mouth:

got to the yard on friday at 1.30 and done all the usual stuff (book on,drink coffee ,moan ,o and do the wagon checks) :wink: morning was going fine down the m1 to hemel ,quick tip of at the store there and down to harrow.

because its before 7am we have to go lbts route which involves coming off the m1 at jnc 5 onto the a41 off at the first island down the b462 then onto the a4008 before droping onto the a410andthen the a409 into harrow.
got there at about 5.15 and we have to go through debenhams gate to get to our loading bay, the problem is that debehams don’t (sorry read will not )open here gate till 6am.

the alternate is to go back onto the a409 and reverse up this alley way between 2 shops (the alleyway is right on top of traffic lights.

as you can see its not the biggest of alleyways. that was the least of my problems becuase some [zb] had parked his car where i have to swing the unit

and the other side just behind the wall the skip youth put the skip

after many shunts i eventually got it on the bay( not straight i might add)

but the problem i had was that i had to get the tail lift out .

because the suspension was on rock bottom. which means i had to block the access road (which is the only way out for debenhams and brakes food supplies.anyway i arrived very early and with the delivery having a time of 7am it was put on poa after i had a twenty minute break for the stupid 6 hour rule.
the manager eventually arrived at 7.40 and it was chucked off by 8am, them it was round to gateway services for another half an hour break…

after that is was time for the collection from kings cross, a little place just off york way called kim fashions.i arrived about 10am and when i got there this spanish volvo pulling a john mann trailer was on the bay.

which ment i had to pull on the road and go and see them. down here the traffic wardens are very strict and swarm like flys round [zb]. the bloke came straight out and after moving a couple of cars i managed to blindside it into the yard.
well this spanish truck should have been there yesterday (thursday) but allegedly got held up on euston road becuase of the bomb scares. didn’t make it till that morning so my load wasn’t ready.
10 minutes after me this turkish truck pulld up with a load of boxes for this company and parked on the road. up pops the traffic warden takes a look realises its not english registered and walks off without a ticket.

i eventually got loaded at 11.45 and that took until 12.45 then it was back to burton.coming up past archway the traffic was slow because some kid was chocking to death and some group 4 lads were trying to dislodge the offending item and blocking the road with there van. then it was plain sailing till the m25/m1 split and then again at jnc 17 where there was a 5 vehile shunt on the opposite carridge way.

i eventually arrived back at 16.27 three minutes before my time ran out.

basically a average day

not exactly rob k standards but there you go

jon

Nice one Jon.

Thanks jon, Boy do i miss these tight delivery yards!(retired trucker).regards derek

Good read and pic’s :slight_smile:

A good read & some nice pics :smiley:

Keep them coming john,by the way ur camera is better than mine. :laughing:

Interesting read and nice pics. :smiley:

Very good read and pic’s jon :smiley:

good read :smiley:

That’s reminiscent of the yards we use to go down for some of the Kwik Save/Somerfield delivery entrances.(Kwik Save Sheriff Hill,Gateshead springs to mind.Double blind side. :open_mouth: )

Ken.

is that sheriffs highway you mean■■? Not had the pleasure yet but have been to have a look just in case!!!

That’s the one.I have actually done that store.What a pain.

I recall a story where a guy got a unit/trailer stuck to the point they had to get a rather large crane to remove it. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Another one is Tattershall Somerfield.Reverse straight between the pub and the shop,but breathe in.

And Sleaford Somerfield.Drive into the car park,then reverse on your blind side to the back door,and if some eejit is parked in the swinging circle you need to use,forget it.

And finally for now,Botchergate Kwik Save at Carlisle.Not too dissimilar to the one featured in Jonboy’s pictures,with the exception that the alleyway gets narrower as you reverse up,and you then have to slightly blind the trailer onto a small platform,which is about 2 feet off the ground.

Ahh.Memories…

Ken.

don’t know what you lot are whinging about, you know they’ve all “” had bigger trucks than that in 'ere mate""

Denis F:
don’t know what you lot are whinging about, you know they’ve all “” had bigger trucks than that in 'ere mate""

Yeah we have them thing’s in here every day m8.

Now that could be a thread on it’s own…The thing’s a security guard say’s to you on arrival to their work place. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I bet there would be some classic’s :laughing: :laughing: