Wetherby Services Rip-Off Shocker!

Even though our yard is in Leeds, I had run out of spreadover last night and had to park in Wetherby Services…

16 bloody quid!!!:x …and that was the “cheap” ticket!

After no less than 3 circuits of the incredibly badly designed truck park, I finally found a slot suitable for an artic car transporter (the bays aren’t long enough for “normal” artics, let alone wagon and drags etc)

Jesus, at least ■■■■ Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed folks on the highways!

To cap it off, the sodding shower was knackered and I was minging!

16 bloody quid!!! I nearly died :unamused:

You shouldnt have run out of hours, that was bad planning, or get the wife to pick you up…lololol Did you have your Barbie duvet ?

:laughing: Sadly, Barbie was not with me Willie! (Gedddit?!)

The bad planning was taken care of by some numpty in our office…7 hours POA waiting for a load in Workington! :laughing:

you premier boys can afford it!!

£16 you dont even pay it !! so stop moaning

willie_mac:
£16 you dont even pay it !! so stop moaning

its not the point.
why should these parking areas charge so much.
i went to the bp or whoever owns it now at rugby on the a5 a while ago.
they wanted £18.
i drove back out and went to a layby.
luckily i found one.i carry food with me at all times.
some of the service areas on the motorways are charging £21.
i think vosa should foot the bill.
they are the ones that insist on parking exactly when your time is up.
i have had a situation where i have done 8 and a half hours driving.
time to start looking.
if you get get a spot within your time…your liable to prosecution.
it can take more than 30 mins to find a space nowadays.
i doint want to lose or waste 30 mins in any day.i would rather work right up to my limit.
these parking charges make this difficult.
theres little enough money in the jobs now.
this is just another waste of money.
doesnt help when you go in looking for a payrise.
present day fuel prices and extortinate parking prices.
id rather have the money in my pocket.

Shrek:

Rip-Off Shocker■■? I don’t think so. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a cheaper MSA. Does anyone know a cheaper MSA?

oh dear
is life on the road hard or can you make it difficult just for the sake of it

£16 quid although a rip off is now unfortunaly quite cheap compared to some. Most seem to be £20 now and clackett lane is £25 :angry:

Shrek:
Even though our yard is in Leeds, I had run out of spreadover last night and had to park in Wetherby Services…

16 bloody quid!!!:x …and that was the “cheap” ticket!

After no less than 3 circuits of the incredibly badly designed truck park, I finally found a slot suitable for an artic car transporter (the bays aren’t long enough for “normal” artics, let alone wagon and drags etc)

Jesus, at least ■■■■ Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed folks on the highways!

To cap it off, the sodding shower was knackered and I was minging!

i agree with shrek,when you pay £16 or more you should get a decent parking area and clean showers (although some drivers don’t rinse them down after use) also a security guard (not just a money collector) on site doing regular patrols and a seperate area for fridges and changeovers.

or am i in dream land again

:wink: :wink: :wink:

gezt wil please stop talking logically. you know that shouldnt happen!!!

Giblsa:
gezt wil please stop talking logically. you know that shouldnt happen!!!

:blush: :blush: :blush: sorry was just having a saturday morning moment, i will try not to let it happen again. (hope i don’t get banned for it :smiley: )

Mike-C:

Shrek:

Rip-Off Shocker■■? I don’t think so. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a cheaper MSA. Does anyone know a cheaper MSA?

I think happendon services on the m74 only charge £8! Good value me thinks

i wouldnt mind paying 18 quid to park at a services if the showers were decent and clean, i dont think some have been cleaned ever.

I don’t pay, and i never will.
I just carry bolt cutters.

Why should we fork out for these rip off merchants?

OK we get it back a week or so later. But the company can only set it off against tax if it makes a profit.

Shrek was on poa for seven hours, The customer should pay the driver in cash before he leaves then the driver won’t be out of pocket.

Theres another flying pig. :unamused:

Mike-C:

Shrek:

Hartshead Moor M62 £12, though it was Saturday night if that makes a difference.

I’m only surprised that you’re surprised, Shrek.

Don’t forget that you dirty great big car transporter is taking up space which MSA’s desperately need in order to rip off old grannies, snotty-nosed school-kids and half-■■■■■■ football fans who arrive in coaches and spend more money in the ridiculously overpriced shop per head in one visit than lorry drivers do in a year! :wink:

Usual excuse for shop prices (assuming assistant speaks English :wink: 0

“Well we’re open 24 hours, sir (optional)”

Whoopee doo, so’s bloody Tesco! :smiling_imp:

And to think I paid £5 in Stibbington last night… :laughing:

Ken.

Quinny:
And to think I paid £5 in Stibbington last night… :laughing:

Ken.

yeh but was she worth it :smiley: :smiley: :imp:

Mr B:

Mike-C:

Shrek:

I think happendon services on the m74 only charge £8! Good value me thinks

And it’s free on on Friday/Saturday nights.Not sure about Sundays.The collector doesn’t work week-ends :wink: