This is just ridiculous

Hamilton Services. Yes, I know, but I’d planned on parking on my job in Hillington and ran out of time. Plus I quite like it there because it’s well lit and you can get in and out of the buiilding without everyone clocking the “lass on her own” thing if you play it right - which is what normally keeps me out of services and truckstops and is why I didn’t just stop out at Lesmahagow…

Anyway…Parking only. 17 POXY QUID!!![/i] :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
That’s another one off my list on principle then. :confused:

good old britain!!! what a great rip off this place is!

i like lesmahagow, stopped there last tuesday nitght, got 36 channels on freeveiw :laughing: ,

never been in but 17 is taking the sample,paid 5 for hollies on wed night,which is a fair price for parking only.

many thanks for the A68/A1 info

mark

Rip off Britain again that is why i like the european work also as there are a lot more female drivers in europe so they have there own facilitys as the male drivers have and allway spotless and clean.
When are the truckstops here going to catch up with Europe and have no cost parking with clean toilets and safe lit parking plus get wifi systems for the driver parked up a lot of the the msa,s have it now .
Hav,nt time for a rant now i have to go to work or i,ll miss my pint at portsmouth
Klunk

klunk/■■■■■■■■
When are the truckstops here going to catch up with Europe and have no cost parking with clean toilets and safe lit parking

My guess would be “never”.

klunk/■■■■■■■■
When are the truckstops here going to catch up with Europe and have no cost parking

Do some research on population per square mile and the answer will bite you in the arse.

Lucy:
Anyway…Parking only. 17 POXY QUID!!![/i] :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
That’s another one off my list on principle then. :confused:
[/quote]
i wouldnt know about parking prices but the £6.35 i paid for a toastie and coffee put me off. i only go there to fuel up on my way back from C/forth now.
come to think of it, are there any decent MSAs up here? hamilton is a rip off. stirling is tiny and not very well designed. harthill is ok for eating but there are no overnighting facilities. maybe they dont think anyone stays here. enter Scotland, tip, get the hell back down past the border sharpish :laughing:

the cost of parking should not be an issue for any driver
just pay up and claim it back on expenses
of course the compnay may not like this but if you have to pay and are not reimbursed drop the trailer up the road and go into B&B

£6.35 For toast and coffee!!! was that a gallon of coffee and a whole loaf of bread???That must be a thousand% profit, seeing as how they pay the staff Penny’s,

Edward Teller:
£6.35 For toast and coffee!!! was that a gallon of coffee and a whole loaf of bread???That must be a thousand% profit, seeing as how they pay the staff Penny’s,

3 slices of warmish bread and a normal takeaway coffee. i wasnt sitting in. that was my evening meal when i was tramping for a week. i was heading to a flower nursery to park up for the night.

here we go with the plants jokes again :unamused:

So to park for the night, and have a coffee and toast £23.35 what a total and complete rip off.

hitch:
the cost of parking should not be an issue for any driver
just pay up and claim it back on expenses
of course the compnay may not like this but if you have to pay and are not reimbursed drop the trailer up the road and go into B&B

It’s not an issue in that I can claim it back…it’s the bloody principle, Hitch!

Edward Teller:

Staff?!!! You gotta laugh,most of the machines are self service and they provide a microwave for the grub !!! I read recently that some one was going to put credit card activated beer pumps on bar tables. Looks like its the way we’re headed.

here we go with the plants jokes again

Not unless Rob’s back from the dead.

clackett lane charges £17 for parking only and £20 for parking with a meal voucher.
the voucher is worth £10 which means that parking is just £10 in real terms, they do a very nice mixed grill at £10 and it’s cooked to order.

parking at ashford has now gone up to £16 with a meal voucher worth £4 so that makes it cheaper to park at clackett lane than it is to park at ashford truckstop.

i did stop at watling street of m1 junction 9 last week where parking is £10 with a meal voucher for £5.50 making that just £4.50 to park overnight.

the best place has to be orwell truckstop though, lots of concrete parking spaces, excellent fresh cooked food, showers that are cleaned before and after use, £12 overnight with a £3 meal voucher and a free shower, the showers are £2.50 usually making the parking cost in real terms as a mere £6.50 and the staff there are so friendly, the entire atmosphere makes it easily the best truckstop in the uk by far.

I see jonny has posted what i was going to say. I posted a while ago about Clacketts Lane increase. I was also told that Maidstone on the M 20 is now £25. That is ridiculous!!

johnny:
the best place has to be orwell truckstop though, lots of concrete parking spaces, excellent fresh cooked food, showers that are cleaned before and after use, £12 overnight with a £3 meal voucher and a free shower, the showers are £2.50 usually making the parking cost in real terms as a mere £6.50 and the staff there are so friendly, the entire atmosphere makes it easily the best truckstop in the uk by far.

never parked their overnight, i’m allergic to paying for parking, but stopped for a shower and food there and I got to agree it has to be the best truckstop in the uk, probably one of the few I would pay to park at

johnny:
clackett lane charges £17 for parking only and £20 for parking with a meal voucher.
the voucher is worth £10 which means that parking is just £10 in real terms, they do a very nice mixed grill at £10 and it’s cooked to order.

parking at ashford has now gone up to £16 with a meal voucher worth £4 so that makes it cheaper to park at clackett lane than it is to park at ashford truckstop.

i did stop at watling street of m1 junction 9 last week where parking is £10 with a meal voucher for £5.50 making that just £4.50 to park overnight.

Used to park there myself until I had about 400 liters of diesel sucked out of my tank.I asked for the security tapes to see who had done it but

“The cameras were pointing the other way”

Funny I as I specifically parked directly opposite a camera that was pointed at my vehicle when I parked up and when I left :unamused:

So when you get the tenner back from clackett lane. is this declared to the revenue as part of your night out allowance? :stuck_out_tongue: