Highway Robbery in Cambridge!

I think everyone knows that the general situation for parking in the UK for lorry drivers is scandalous, but maybe some outfits think to extract the urine even more. On Wednesday I parked on Cambridge Services at around 9pm. It was pretty full and after booking off I meander over the garage to pay the ticket. The last time I was there they gave a choice, so much just to park, or a bit more with a meal ticket. This time I was relieved of £12.50, and there wernt a meal ticket! Thats a bloody disgrace as far as I can see, and I wont be going back there unless its an emergency. Extra at Cambridge ■■■■!! I used the one a while back at Magor, and Im sure it was a, cheaper and b, a decent sized meal was included. Cheeky robbing buggers!

Mal.

Mal there is a big industrial estate on the other side of the road from there and a pub justnear the turning try that next time, i dont know if the showers are free but if they are walk over and have a free one.

Cheers Jammy, its a fact I wont be stopping there again except a dire emergency!

Mal.

You havn’t put that up in the Overnight Parking Forum, Jammy. :open_mouth:
Why not :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mal

same as at warwick.night outed there over xmas

£12.50 without voucher £15 with .takes the [zb] i tell you

jon

Who runs that Warwick gaff Jon? sounds as cheeky as Extra!

Mal.

Have a look at the eurotunnel rate rise posting, is this the way things are going to go, now that nightowl appears to have shut up shop, it’s open season on truck drivers.
Sorry Guys and Gals, isn’t it about time we stood up for ourselves. We have all these little voices from all the different websites and organisations, we will NEVER be heard, and forget the unions, when have they really done anything for drivers.
However, if we all ganged up together, and all shouted at once, the country would shake.
We screwed up a few years ago, with the fuel go slow, if we had carried on for just one more week, we would have got things sorted.
Unfortunately, I know of one haulier who wasn’t in the slightest bit interested in helping out, they were bringing fuel in isotainers from the continent and telling their drivers, if they were seen on TV at the head of a go-slow on the Mways, they were sacked. Loyalty Eh

welcome break mal

now thats a laugh welcome :laughing: :wink:

jon

jonboy:
welcome break mal

now thats a laugh welcome :laughing: :wink:

jon

:laughing: well, we are welcome as long as they can considerably lighten our wallets! jesus christ, a sandwich is four quid, (or thereabouts) :sunglasses:

Mal.

Mal, you should have got a £6 meal ticket to spend in the buffet, I did on Thursday night…

As for Magor, that lorry park is absolutely disgusting. You seen all the rubbish under the hedge at the back Mal?
I was there in the Summer in the daylight when i was driving for Tesco (agency) Milton Keynes.
I was gonna write to the manager & tell him what I thought, but never got round to it.

In all the time ive worked for my pressent employer ive learned not to park on service areas
(mainly due to the fact that they rip you off)but also cause my boss begrudges paying for parking(tight ■■■) When in the Cambridge area i usualy park at Huntingdon theres a small ind. area (first left off the roundabout off the A1 then first right) there are security cameras everywhere and youve only got a five min walk to the services cheap meal and beer all the best .Hope you find this useful

Why do you people bother parking at these places? You know the crack so avoid them. If your employer specifies secure parking them tell them to get the cash on the table up front instead of paying it out of your own pocket and claiming it back.

As has already been said, there’s a perfectly good ind est on the opposite side of the 14 complete with pub and wash facilities (obv no showers) if you intend supping/eating there.

Disappointed with you Mal after that superb piece in “attracting the young”. :confused:

Martin:
Mal, you should have got a £6 meal ticket to spend in the buffet, I did on Thursday night…

I better call in there and have words then Martin, I asked the woman behind the jump and she said they stopped doing it! Thanks for that info,

Mal.

Driveroneuk:
As for Magor, that lorry park is absolutely disgusting. You seen all the rubbish under the hedge at the back Mal?
I was there in the Summer in the daylight when i was driving for Tesco (agency) Milton Keynes.
I was gonna write to the manager & tell him what I thought, but never got round to it.

Yes, I saw it myself, but at least I got a good feed and a shower! :slight_smile:

CPC man, I get paid in full, even the meal ticket, so I do use them as its no cost to me, I wouldnt if the gaffer didnt pay though!

Mal.

Rob K:
Why do you people bother parking at these places? You know the crack so avoid them. If your employer specifies secure parking them tell them to get the cash on the table up front instead of paying it out of your own pocket and claiming it back.

As has already been said, there’s a perfectly good ind est on the opposite side of the 14 complete with pub and wash facilities (obv no showers) if you intend supping/eating there.

Disappointed with you Mal after that superb piece in “attracting the young”. :confused:

Ahh, I generally prove to be a dissapointment Rob! But cheers for the compliment on that other thread :sunglasses:

As it goes, my gaffer will pay a float of £50 up front, and I supply the tickets and he tops the balance up, not bad eh? This week I didnt take him up on it as I was carrying £110 anyway. I know these joints are a rip off, and to be sure, I’d never pay out of my own N/O cash!

Mal.

:smiley: Mal, eventually a time will come when the rates will be so high that even the big players won’t stomach it and with a bit of luck the MSA HGV areas will be as empty overnight as they are through the day.