Wetherby services

What a garbage place to park in :imp: parking spaces way too small badly designed and overpriced as well. I knew this before I got here but had to (8.55 drive) :unamused: I’ve helped loads while being here, even got hit by unit and nearly trailer (totally my fault and apologised to driver) no harm done :blush: except pride.

Whoever designed it needs to have a look and see that the computer doesn’t agree with reality.

totally agree, avoid the place most of the time.

So why go there IF YOU KNEW :unamused: :unamused: 9 hours is the LIMIT NOT A TARGET LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If i had to park in places like wetherby i would go on days.

One for my old wagon, my ■■■■ reversing on my future wagon, layby please :laughing:

Only good places there are the 3 spaces on on the top of the U bend where you can just drive straight on. Managed to bag myself that space once and it was a rather peaceful night.

best space in that place is the exit

Is there still no parking on the industrial estate last I heard is the club on the estate made a petition up to get it overturned don’t know if it was successful of not.

Haha, people think msa give a zb about trucks, their drivers & everything else [emoji23][emoji23]

scotstrucker:
best space in that place is the exit

That applies to all MSAs though.

Donnyboy:
Is there still no parking on the industrial estate last I heard is the club on the estate made a petition up to get it overturned don’t know if it was successful of not.

My mate still uses it

The hartshead Moor services really ■■■■ me off :cry:

I used to stop on services all the time. Avoid them at all costs these days, even though I get my money back, I hardly ever got a decent nights sleep on any of them. There are much better places to stay.

Having worked in an MSA quite a few years ago (M6 Tebay), it’s true the services bit doesn’t really care about trucks as they take up a lot of space in the car park vs a car. However the petrol station part loves them which is probably why they are “tolerated” by management. For the record, all the staff I knew at the time thought truckers were much nicer people than car drivers!

As for Wetherby, I think that needs avoiding full stop if possible as the car park and lorry park both seem to have been a bit of an afterthought - they needed to work out where to place the astronomically priced Cornish pasty place before any other considerations.

tango boy:
So why go there IF YOU KNEW :unamused: :unamused: 9 hours is the LIMIT NOT A TARGET LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had enough time to get to Durham destination but there was a problem on the A1 which I didn’t know about. I didn’t have much choice really, I could have used a 10 but it would have been pointless. Had a good nights sleep as it happens because the bay I got was blocked at the side of me by a concrete slab and I had grass on the other side :smiley:

I had a brill night out in Darlo when I was in that neck of the woods.

Only ever stopped there once there was the odd space which would have required a perfect blindside but as I’m not perfect I went in a coach bay and had a good nights sleep knowing no one was gonna back into me :smiley:

PaulNowak:
I had a brill night out in Darlo when I was in that neck of the woods.

You wanna try living there mate,the fun never ends [emoji57]

Must admit I pulled in today for a quick comfort break [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE] only wanted to empty ballast tanks but the hassle to park wasn’t worth it. Shame though as I’m stuck on a farm waiting to load and I’m touching cloth. (Too much information probably)