Were finally moving in the right direction :)

Finally, after an abysmal start to my decision to do my driver training, broken bones, lack of work to pay for it etc were getting somewhere. All my theory apart from case studies and MOD4 is done (and thats done after my C+e licence) and I start with RSM in basildon on Monday - weds 1230-1730 then test on thurs @ 1400. After that i’ve gotta wait for my licence to come back then get on with my C+E training.
So, what tips do y’all have for my first day, and more importantly, what tips do you have for getting into work after i’ve passed?, ideally i’d like to be doing arctics, probably tramping but right at the start you take what you can get right? I’ll be living in stansted by then with the inlaws, so something permamnent would be a lot better then ad hoc, but i guess i’l,l probably have to go ad hoc at the begining just to gain the experience?

Wish me luck

Steve

Hi Stehinch

Good luck with the training. One idea is to get the CPC Mod 2 test out of the way so that you are ready for the Mod 4. This can be taken either before or after the driving tests.

As you are from the Essex area I could suggest that you apply to the CO-OP RDC in Thurrock. Not too far from Stanstead and they take newbies on. The pay is pretty good, around 30k for Cat ‘C’ and a bit more for ‘C+E’. The reason they turn over a lot of drivers though is the unsociable start times. Can be anything from 12.30am to around 4am.

Regards

John
Flair Training

Wishing you luck, as requested! :grimacing:

Seriously, hope all goes well for you.

Thanks guys, and many thanks for that idea too john, i’ll definetly be in touch with them :slight_smile:, also mike, my trainer at RSM apparently knows the transport manager there, so that could be excellent help. Should i contact therm immediatly after my test on friday (assuming I pass). would agencys or employee’s accept a photocopy of my license and test certificate? or do I have to wait until my full licence comes back?
For a quick update, I think its going well, I’m not too concerned. I must just remember to take it slow and easy.

Again Hi Stehinc

Dont know if your the guy I saw with Mike today at the test centre. There must be many people on this site that know Mike Horton.

I joined Bender School of Motoring in Basildon as a fresh faced instructor in about the early/mid 80’s. Mike had been training then about 10-15 years. He trains nowadays for RSM and others. He used to work for me at Qualitas and is perhaps one of the three top class instructors I still learn from. Even today he described the reversing manoevre in a way I had not thought of.

The other great man from our parts is an instructor called Bob Holder. This is truly the great man of HGV. Over 30 years chief trainer at Fords, Dagenham. He honoured me by saying I could train his Grandson. Bob works for K&W and Daughters.

Sorry for reminising but there are some truly great trainers about. Dont call me call them.

Regards

John
Flair Training

LGVTrainer:
Again Hi Stehinc

Dont know if your the guy I saw with Mike today at the test centre. There must be many people on this site that know Mike Horton.

I joined Bender School of Motoring in Basildon as a fresh faced instructor in about the early/mid 80’s. Mike had been training then about 10-15 years. He trains nowadays for RSM and others. He used to work for me at Qualitas and is perhaps one of the three top class instructors I still learn from. Even today he described the reversing manoevre in a way I had not thought of.

The other great man from our parts is an instructor called Bob Holder. This is truly the great man of HGV. Over 30 years chief trainer at Fords, Dagenham. He honoured me by saying I could train his Grandson. Bob works for K&W and Daughters.

Sorry for reminising but there are some truly great trainers about. Dont call me call them.

Regards

John
Flair Training

Indeed I was, hope your two guys passed ok, mines tomorrow at 1400, got an extra couple of hours tonight with mick then it all hangs on friday:).