Update on progress!

Hi everyone just letting people know how far i have gone in such a short time. I passed my theory and hp on the 1st September this year, then started my driver training on the 9th September which i passed my Cat C on the 12th getting one driving fault. Whilst training i also did my module 2. I then waited 9 days for my license to come through so that i could do my module 4 which i have the exam tomorrow morning. I have 2 interviews lined up for tomorrow straight after my test and Thursday for decent well known firms. This goes to show that it is possible to get permanent work as a newb! So 1200 pound later i should be in a better job with alot more pay than what i am currently on. I’ve worked out that my license would have paid for itself within 3 months as long as i get taken on!

It definitely has been a wise investment!!

Don’t forget to post here what company/agency recruited you so all newbe can give a shot :smiley: good luck with mod 4 and interviews.

Thanks very much pal! The places i have been offered an interview are wisemans and canute. I also know that AK Worthington take on newbs. With regards to agencies i applied to ADR Network and been offered to go in but have decided against it. There definately is many oppurtunities out there im based in Manchester by the way.

Same boat as you Damo.

I passed my class 2 back in August, waited until my licence came back, took my mod 4 early September and the same day had an interview with Brakes in Burtonwood (and an assessment drive) didn’t get the job due to “inexperience” but they knew I was a new driver! Since then I’ve had a couple of agency jobs, but it’s all experience. As mad as this sounds, I’m not really bothered about the money part of the class 2 work at the minute, I’m doing it for the experience. I figured the more experience I get on the class 2 work, the more it will build my confidence which in turn will be useful for the c+e!

Good luck with your new career, buddy!

Good luck with mod 4 pal.

How was your mod 4 bud? Got 100% or “just” 95% score :smiley: ?

100% mate dont ask silly questions haha! Ready for tge road now 1200 pound later!

Nice one pal, welcome to the world of learning haha

Damo_hall:
Thanks very much pal! The places i have been offered an interview are wisemans and canute. I also know that AK Worthington take on newbs. With regards to agencies i applied to ADR Network and been offered to go in but have decided against it. There definately is many oppurtunities out there im based in Manchester by the way.

Interesting Canute are giving you a shot - I approached their Purfleet office back in May as a newbie class 1 looking for work and they turned me down. Best of luck whichever path you end up on!

Well just heard off Muller Wisemans and i have bagged my first class 2 job so happy i didnt think it would be this quick! Hand my notice in for the buses tomorrow that will be a happy moment!

As for Canute i would stay well away. So unprofessional just went down to there site in Warrington it was a shambles to put it nicely the guy that interviewed me was basically begging me to take the job without even giving me an assessment drive or checking my license. The pay was £ 7.55 per hour for Class 2 delivering perfume so an expensive load! 1 pound an hour extra over the 40 hour week. I told the guy “that’s quite insulting even for a newbie i could earn more in McDonalds”. He actually turned round and said “that’s what most of the employable drivers are saying, it looks like were going to have to employ the ones we don’t really want to employ”. O i forgot to mention one perk of the job is that you get 2 quid a day meal allowance, a packet of crisp and a mars bar is not enough for an 8 hour shift!

Just goes to show you pay peanuts you get monkeys!

Damo_hall:
Well just heard off Muller Wisemans and i have bagged my first class 2 job so happy i didnt think it would be this quick! Hand my notice in for the buses tomorrow that will be a happy moment!

As for Canute i would stay well away. So unprofessional just went down to there site in Warrington it was a shambles to put it nicely the guy that interviewed me was basically begging me to take the job without even giving me an assessment drive or checking my license. The pay was £ 7.55 per hour for Class 2 delivering perfume so an expensive load! 1 pound an hour extra over the 40 hour week. I told the guy “that’s quite insulting even for a newbie i could earn more in McDonalds”. He actually turned round and said “that’s what most of the employable drivers are saying, it looks like were going to have to employ the ones we don’t really want to employ”. O i forgot to mention one perk of the job is that you get 2 quid a day meal allowance, a packet of crisp and a mars bar is not enough for an 8 hour shift!

Just goes to show you pay peanuts you get monkeys!

Well done mate. Hope you will enjoy it and all the best.

Thanks very much Marky! Im sure i will enjoy it!

Good to hear hope all is well at wisemans … I’m 24 and passed class 2 a couple of month ago so last week I sent my cv and cover letter to the email address which it said to for the class 2 job at Trafford park I was just wondering how long after you did this did you hear back from them ■■ Just could do with knowing the crack so I can sort things out at the place in at at tho mo
Cheers

Hi mate sorry just noticed your reply devaney it only took a day before they called me back when did u apply exactly? They are desperate for drivers still i think so im sure they will be in touch. If not just give them a call!

I emailed them last week and got a phonecall today asking me to go for interview
What are the shifts like damo?

Shifts are long and hard work but i enjoy it. How did your interview go have you had it yet?