Job lined up! :-)

Hi every1, just passed my class 2 on Wednesday.
I work in a warehouse and have worked in a few warehouses b4 and have made close friendship with managers, so I knew I wont struggle much to get my way into driving.

Last night I spoke to ma manager (who just got back from his holiday) about leaving the floor and joining the driver’s team. No1 knew I was doing my class 2, so it was like a surprise to him. Good news is that he is well happy and even asked me to be quick in doing my module 4 once my licence is back.

He want me to start on the 7.5t for a few weeks just to get used to the routes, drops and the system, then once I master that, he will put me on class 2.

Am well happy and now can’t wait for my licence to come so I can do my MODULE 4. Scania (the training provider I used) have reserved 3 places/dates for me for module 4. 24th March, 1st April and 8th April so if my licence comes early then 24th or late then 8th.

Big thanx to you members of TNUK. with your help, I have learned a lot from this forum and sure got a lot more to discover.

Keep it up!! :slight_smile:

Top man! Well done. Sounds like you are in a great position to keep the ball rolling and get the class one done!

Well done pal & keep us posted when you’re on your first day out on your own :wink:

Batmann:
Top man! Well done. Sounds like you are in a great position to keep the ball rolling and get the class one done!

Yeah, plans in place to get my class 1 done by end of June. Just need to experience the road for now in a class 2 :blush:

Ramon123:
Well done pal & keep us posted when you’re on your first day out on your own :wink:

Will do mate… in the meantime just going through module 4 videos so by the time my licence is back I b ready

It’s a good way to start 7.5t gets you use to a slightly larger motor so when your in a cat C it’s not so daunting And helps in the transison.

nick2008:
It’s a good way to start 7.5t gets you use to a slightly larger motor so when your in a cat C it’s not so daunting And helps in the transison.

And I think ma manager just want to make the transition process easy for me. I feel lucky that I won’t just turn up and “here are the keys off u go”. At least they gonna support me every step of the way which sure is unusual for an average newbie