A bit of encouragement for us newbies!

Having waited weeks to get my class c provisional back and to get my theory and mod2 done I finally started my class c training today. I haven’t driven anything bigger than a long wheelbase van for a good few years but I took to it easier than I thought. Anyway after having what I thought was half decent first drive we got back to the yard and my instructors told me that they had been approached by a company looking for a driver. They asked me if I was interested and if I was they would recommend me to them as they where quite happy with the way I drove on the first day. I don’t know the actual details of the job yet but there is even talk of this firm putting me through my c+e. I haven’t even started looking for a driving job yet so to have a potential job offer before I’ve even got my licence without having to start job hunting is ace!! I’m trying not to get too excited as I might not be who they are looking for or it might not be the kind of job I’m looking for but I just thought I’d share my good news and hopefully give the rest of us newbies a bit less fear of having to spend a few years with an agency before we can get permanent jobs.
I’ve got my class c test on Friday
Cannot wait!!!

That sounds promising mate, good luck to you. I’m just waiting on doing my mod 4 and c+e then it’s time to start ringing the local companies and trying to get some work.
Already been offered a assessment after I pass my c+e by a firm in Scarborough.

Great position to be in. Does happen from time to time and it’s brill.

All the best with the training and test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks and good luck Wilson.roy, as long as I pass on Friday I’m going in for a chat on Saturday with the firm.