Well its a start!

Just a quick post to inform you guys that i had an interveiw at hermes today for class 2 work , and i start training next tuesday.
Initially its saturdays only but the transport manager said he will have extrs shifts during the week for me as well , This is due to the new ledgislation regarding agency staff rates which was passed in October .
He said they may as well hire part time staff in direct.
The pay is quite good 8.17 phr for 7.5 ton and 8,77 phr for class 2 delivering catalogue gear to sub depots and to houses for self employed couriers
Has any1 had any experience with hermes/parcelnet be interested find out.
Finally i will be able to step in a wagon and do some driving , i havnt since passing my test.

Nice one mate, greatto hear of someone getting work without the 2 years experience. I only just passed my cat C last Fri. and have already started doing the rounds in the south Wales area, I’m already getting an idea of all the knockbacks. what part of the UK are you in? and how long and hard have you being trying to get a start? I’m prepared to get lodgings and go ANYWHERE to get a start.
All the best and good luck with it.
Rich

Hi alexbennett

Hi mate, i havent had any experiance with hermes/parcelnet as only a recentish driver myself. Would like to Wish you good luck though in your Work. It is hard finding work, im only 23 and havent even held my licence for a year yet, getting work in dribs and drabs but its difficult, bit of a vishous circle.

Best of luck Alexbennet

Ben

richvanho:
Nice one mate, greatto hear of someone getting work without the 2 years experience. I only just passed my cat C last Fri. and have already started doing the rounds in the south Wales area, I’m already getting an idea of all the knockbacks. what part of the UK are you in? and how long and hard have you being trying to get a start? I’m prepared to get lodgings and go ANYWHERE to get a start.
All the best and good luck with it.
Rich

Keep trying matey , The job is in Bolton, best go direct to companys rather than agencys you will deffo get the chance i must admit i was getting a bit cheesed off with the negative response after telling them i had only had my licence since april.
i have only been looking proper since the start of october after finishing my cpc .

keep ur pekka up mate .

Hey again Alex, I forgot to ask you if you know what the manager was talking about re. new legislation for agencies?

Rich

bigfoot:
Hi alexbennett

Hi mate, i havent had any experiance with hermes/parcelnet as only a recentish driver myself. Would like to Wish you good luck though in your Work. It is hard finding work, im only 23 and havent even held my licence for a year yet, getting work in dribs and drabs but its difficult, bit of a vishous circle.

Best of luck Alexbennet

Ben

Cheers bigfoot
i think this new legislation will bring plenty of work our way with companys taking on part time roles rather than agencys.
ive just had a look further into what hermes do they offer training as well so i might enquire into C+E training after failing that twice.

keep looking matey something will come up.
iam made up.

richvanho:
Hey again Alex, I forgot to ask you if you know what the manager was talking about re. new legislation for agencies?

Rich[/quote

After 12 weeks employment

After 12 weeks in the same job with the same hirer you’ll be entitled to equal treatment in:

• pay
  • holidays
  • night work
  • rest periods/breaks
  • duration of working time

The new rules don’t mean that you become a permanent employee of the hirer after 12 weeks.

The regulations are not retrospective (back dated). Any time spent on an assignment before 1 October 2011 will not count towards the 12 week qualifying.
so any companys hiring agency drivers for long periods may as well hire somebody part time or flexable