Driving assessment- Hermes class 2

Hi all,

So I have been offered a driving assessment for Hermes through an agency. It’s for class 2 work.

I know it won’t be very Gucci type of work but can anyone give me any heads up on the assessment?

Do they drive manual or autos etc?

Any advice welcome.

Cheers for now.

Which depot?

Thurrock

It will be hard, a mix of business parks, industial estates and residential addresses. Expect the wagons to be beaten up if they aren’t brand spanking new as the nature of the job is “rush” You may be required to load the wagon in the morning but I can’t say for sure. Some places are like while others have it loaded for you. As for the actual assement, its pretty simple. Ask questions if you don’t understand things, its a good idea to ask them to show you a run down of the tacho machine. When driving, treat the truck with respect if even the other drivers don’t. Take into consideration the load you have, its most likely not going to be strapped down so if you fly about the place then its going to be a mess back there and I know I would be right narked if you handed me my parcel all beaten up!

Cheers radar…Any idea how many drops they are doing per day?
Thanks

Did you get a reply from Simarco? Just curious mate.

I drove for dpd in a van so it’s gonna be rush like radar says, especially if it’s timed deliveries and all that ■■■■■■■■. Deliveries before ten, yeah right! :open_mouth:

Depends where you go, what you’ve got, do you know the area, are you covering someone else’s route, are the postcodes accurate, probably not!

But fair play if you give it a go :sunglasses:

D’B

Cheers Dan … Sent CV for Simarco but not heard anything back yet … Shame really would have been good for travelling.
I was kind of hoping with it being class 2 work for Hermes it would not be as many drops as a van etc just larger items.
Just need a foot in the door somewhere.

Mark1203:
Cheers Dan … Sent CV for Simarco but not heard anything back yet … Shame really would have been good for travelling.
I was kind of hoping with it being class 2 work for Hermes it would not be as many drops as a van etc just larger items.
Just need a foot in the door somewhere.

They will stuff you full of jobs. I spoke to a guy working for A-spray and he had 30+ drops in an artic! That sort of job is a case of get as much off the truck as you can before you run out of time. You could be turning up to a warehouse with one tiny box to come off. That being said there is zero nights out on this sort of work, mostly local and more often than not regular as you will be visiting a lot of places on a regular basis.