First Job

Well chuffed been offered a job with Hermes in Sheffield, which I gladly accepted.

It’s taken me pretty much bang on 4 months from my medical to passing cat C to get a full time 40 hour week contract.

The contract is days, but there starting me on nights so the roads are quieter and I get used to driving, which I was more than happy to accept as nights is more money.

I’ll have 3-4 days training then I’ll be on my own. Can’t wait to get stuck in. I start 2 weeks on Sunday [emoji3]

Any tips welcome [emoji598]

Well done on getting the job mate. As long as your happy with the hours and terms then that all that matters.
Unfortunately can’t offer you any insider knowledge about Hermes but hopefully someone will be by here soon to offer some tips.

Congrats on the new job!

As for tips - anything which says “fragile” is to be thrown into the van with everything else on top. That came from someone working in a courier depot, so it must be correct procedure. I guess they’ll teach you this stuff in the training.

Haha I’ll keep that in mind thx - Fragile bottom heavy on top got it [emoji106]

I have seen this first hand. Not at herpes but I’m sure they’re all the same.

Parcels drop kicked across the warehouse etc and on my van there was a box with fragile handle with care stuck all over it so it was loaded with 4 bags of cement on it.

The lads that load the vans were idiots to be honest…