Hello from a newbie

Hi all just found this forum while searching for a job and its brilliant, loads of practical advice that i will hope to put into practice soon :smiley:

Passed my class 2 about 3 months ago and went straight for the class 1 as that was what i was wanting to do and passed both first time :smiley:

Thought the tests would be the hard part and that getting a job would be fairly easy from all the driver shortage articles that i have read but nobody even wants to give me a second glance and it seems to be the same with the agencies.

I have been getting some class 2 work from the agencies but nothing regular and i am putting it down to bad time of year :cry:

I have read alot of articles from previous posts on the forum about people that have been in the same boat at some point and i must sat that after contacting every haulage company in the DD postcode and KY postcode along with all the agencies in the area i feel i have hit a wall and dont know where to go next.

All in all i am doing my best to keep my chin up and think that it will happen eventually and that someone will give me that break ( if i keep bugging them enough) :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway great forum and look forward to speaking to you all in the future. :smiley:

Hello and welcome!

I’d say you’ve got the right attitude - just keep at it and something will come through . . . . . eventually!!

Hi cheers mate will keep bangin on them doors and keep the post updated :smiley:

:unamused: congratulations, you didnt say how old you were and i dont know where those post codes are :blush: i am sure it will work out, there seems to be plenty of work at agencies near me allthough certain firms have a policy of they like you to of had a years experience.but i have been work with fed ex who apparently will take new drivers, i am just waiting for my liccence to return, congratulations again and welcome, i myself have had loads of help from this site. :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue:
DD - Dundee
KY - Kirkcaldy

Which tells me Stuarty is from Scotland, just a bit further up than Edinburgh on the map !

Tip from me to all newbies: try to learn your postcodes, as it will help you when you have ‘vague’ delivery addresses on your notes… and you will, believe me you will,… sometime in your future career. :laughing:

Good Luck Stuarty in your jobsearch, you have a good enthusiastic attitude which hopefully will negate your lack of experience when you knock on a potential employer’s door. :wink:

Hi sorry forgot to mention im 27 and from balmullo near to st andrews…

Got 2 phone calls today from agencies :smiley: one asking if i can drive today for innovate logistics…of course i said i would have to check my diary :laughing: so just waiting to hear back from them.
Other call was to do a 2 week run for a company called CJ Lang driving a drag and tow for multi drop around Glasgow…not ideally what i want to do but gotta start somewhere…and now just waiting to hear when they want me in for an assesment drive :smiley: :smiley:

if you listen to real radio during the night, wolfman might mention grumpy scanny. yours truly :laughing:
dont ask :blush: :laughing:

Will have to listen out for that one :laughing: :laughing:

every time i contact him he brings up a comment on his man ■■■■■ and tell the nation that ‘grumpy scanny has been in touch, he has man ■■■■■ too’ before reading out my message :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
we are both approaching a birthday. i think he is almost 30 too so we are both feeling a bit of despair hence this whole banter :sunglasses:

Got my first class 1 job tonight :smiley: :smiley:

Its on a two man drive down south starting at 5 tonight and to finish at 10 thursday morning :smiley:

Think its a perfect start driving at night when the roads are quieter and got someone with me to keep me right…

Will let you all know how i get on when i get back :smiley:

Great news Stuarty,looks like you’ve broke your duck!

Well last night went brilliant had no hiccups and seemed to remember everything i got taught…(only made the other guy jump once :laughing: )…

Got home at 8 30 this morning totally shattered went straight to bed for a few hours and got up to wisharts international phoning me to see if i can trunk down to carnforth for two weeks next week :smiley: :smiley:

Hopefully all the pestering is starting to pay off :smiley:

stuarty:
Got up to wisharts international phoning me to see if i can trunk down to carnforth for two weeks next week :smiley: :smiley:

Hopefully all the pestering is starting to pay off :smiley:

I was with Wisharts for a while, when they were in Kirkcaldy and called A. Wishart and Sons.
They used to be a good company, I’ve no idea what they’re like now.

I was with Wisharts for a while, when they were in Kirkcaldy and called A. Wishart and Sons.
They used to be a good company, I’ve no idea what they’re like now.
[/quote]

Done some class 2 work for them yesterday seemed to be an ok bunch…

The class 1 work i am doing is for Bibby, Wisharts must just be putting me out on agency…

All the same its work… :smiley: