Well I took the job!

I posted on Thursday about a job I had been offered on Class one work and the fact I was only getting class 2 work at my present company and wouldnt be allowed to drive class one ever.

After a lot of thought and consideration I took the job and handed my notice in.

So as of a week on Monday Im gonna be doing a night trunk to wednsbury!!

Any advice on the double deck trailers would be gratefully recieved!!

Nothing to them really…just don’t cane it around corners and remember they’re 15ft9in to 16ft 1in high. They’re not too bad in the wind, despite their height.

well done mate,

im sure the decision is the right one. fingers crossed for you

I must admit im very nervous, but theres nothing like a baptism of fire to get me on the way to driving artics!!

I hope its the right choice, I was told my employer that I will never drive class ones whilst he is in charge, I dont know why, think it goes back to an argument we had over a parking ticket, months ago :wink:

I also found out he rang another haulier and told him no to employ me which has peed me off but it just goes to show what sort of a person he is!!

I dont know why he wont let me drive them, he has never seen me drive one so I think he is being a little unfair, but thats life!!

all the best with the new job

i would ask which route they use daily to
do the trunk plus if you do not have
one ,get a ATLAS with all BRIDGE HEIGHTS
entered, just in case you have to go off route due to
any problems encountered enroute.

when you finish work friday afternoon why not see if you can ride shotgun with the nightdriver, congratulations by the way

Just out of pure curiouisity who it your going to work for?isnt city link is it?

it doesnt really matter who he is going to work for. they have given him a break to get experience on the artics so you dont look a gift horse in the mouth. :unamused:

unless the company really is that bad but as long as you are happy with the wages and the working practices then there isnt a problem is there?

No no didnt mean it like that was just curious thats all night trunking a dam good job if you can get it and city link pay good money

Good luck to him!

I’ll let you off dog :wink: :wink:

i had a week of night trunking from totton(southampton) to nuneaton and it was fantastic. by far the easiest, and best paid, job i have had since passing my test. just a shame it was slightly unsociable hours. but if i got finisdhed by 5 just had a few hours kip then the rest of the day was mine until about 3 then back to bed for another few hours before starting work.

i really enjoyed it and so did the dog when he came with me

its just a local company,im looking forward to it,nervous tho!

Well done mate!

bloody hell just typed in wednsbury on auto route 2007 potters lane is easily visible must be karma you took the job beware of flying pallet trucks
once you get out of hull onto the m62 for your first time it will be one of the best feelings going enjoy the ride

make sure you turn LEFT at the top of Wiltshire Road, … you won’t fit under that bridge if you turn right

Good luck with the new job

Bridge Heights! Adverse Camber and Roundabouts (tipping over), Last but not least which is almost as important as the last 2 points is be more careful not to curb the trailer wheels as it is easier to DESTROY the smaller wheels, and the tyres take less kindly to it as well compared to super singles.

Nice one Potter. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I take it your licence came through then.