New driver gets a job

Interview went really well. End result was a job offer with a local haulage company not an agency. I have been allocated a 61 plate vehicle. ok its 7.5t but in a few weeks it will be class 2 all being well. I am well chuffed :smiley:

Well done on getting a job, and there’s Nothing wrong with driving a 7.5tonner.

Nice one buddy, it’s all about learning and you will never stop doing that.

Never think your too good to drive a smaller vehicle and most of all enjoy it.

congratulation…we all have to start off somewhere ,this is where you learn and the experience comes in as you progress through the categorys

I am both happy and feel sorry for you. Happy that you have found work, good job and congratulations.

Feeling sorry because you are in a 7.5t. I have driven Artics, 18t and 7.5 and I have never worked harder than when I am at the wheel of the little bugger! Its a good way to learn geography and the basics of loading/unloading/route planning because they get worked so hard. You also can be fairly certain you won’t put your back out moving a pallet because they cant weigh too much. Most 7.5s only have about 2 tonne of cargo capacity.

Congrats mate nice to hear some happy news on here :slight_smile:. Nothing wrong with 7.5 tonne it’s what I started in infact it was a canter so I wouldn’t even called it a 7.5 tonne but with the stopping power that little cherub had it taught me alot about planning ahead and driving in general. It’s rare I jump In our puddle jumper but I get paid the same an hour and its quite nice not having to drive the long way round to get to places so it doesn’t bother my ego, never knock them we all do the same job just don’t get in the habit off driving it like its a transit you’ll go through more mirrors then your boss will be wanting to replace(not that I ever broke any when I started…:wink: ) have fun I hope it all works out well.

7.5 tonne is better than an artic if the job is OK and the money good. Sod all load and you can go almost anywhere with it. :sunglasses:

pay is the same. I am lucky to land the job tbh. Really cant believe it only took a week. i will move up in a few weeks but as has been said its all about the learning. piccys will arrive soon

Congratulations & well done on finding a job so soon in these difficult times. It must come as a big relief that you didn’t have to go the agency route.

It might only be a 7.5t van, but we all have to start somewhere. The experience will come in handy when you move to LGV C in a week or so.

On the basis that you lied about what happened on your LGV C test, could you please reassure us that you are not also lying about finding a job.

DWYNE:
Interview went really well. End result was a job offer with a local haulage company not an agency. I have been allocated a 61 plate vehicle. ok its 7.5t but in a few weeks it will be class 2 all being well. I am well chuffed :smiley:

Congratulations, and good luck

Excellent work well done. I started on the 7.5t, moved up to class 2 & graduated to class 1 in due course. Nothing wrong with that it’s all about learning & gaining experience. I still drive them when asked.

Chas:
Congratulations & well done on finding a job so soon in these difficult times. It must come as a big relief that you didn’t have to go the agency route.

It might only be a 7.5t van, but we all have to start somewhere. The experience will come in handy when you move to LGV C in a week or so.

On the basis that you lied about what happened on your LGV C test, could you please reassure us that you are not also lying about finding a job.

I did not lie and find it offensive that you should even suggest it tbh. I removed the comment because i did not want to get anybody into trouble by my own comments. The job is with direct sameday couriers and i am told that they have opened a new branch in guildford that may require drivers. however i may be telling porkies so dont trust the info :stuck_out_tongue: